The Art Director (AD) ideates, develops, visualizes and executes creative concepts. The AD will work collaboratively alongside Creative Strategists, fellow Art Directors and Designers across a wide range of client projects. The AD will partner with our strategy team to develop ideas from insights and research. The AD will collaborate with our Client Service and Production teams to deliver creative solutions for our clients. Preferred (not mandatory), 3D experiential space design experience, specifically with 3DS Max software.
Creative concept development, presentation and execution.
Art direction, graphic design and production of print and digital assets.
- Concept meaningful brand experiences and events
- Understand environments and interactives, both physical and digital
- Understand how to capitalize on brand partnerships and develop ideas to activate them
- Multi-faceted creative who can think across all media and understands how to optimize media content
- Concept and produce visually strong, compelling creative for print, digital and social
- Design a physical activation
- Create beautiful presentations that sell amazing ideas
- Collaborate with art directors, creative strategists/copywriters, designers and production team to concept, develop and execute creative activations across experiential, print, digital, social, and video from concept through to final production
- Strong sense of layout, typography, form, color, imagery and composition
- Leverage consumer trends to be used as a catalyst for creative ideation
- Directs work of outside vendors, such as 3D artists, illustrators, photographers and freelance/contract Art Directors, Copywriters and Designers as needed
- Remains current on all agency client brand standards and campaigns
- Develop presentation materials for business development projects and client presentations
- Commission, manage and direct outside illustrators, 3D artists, photographers, editors, etc.
- Play a primary role in both internal and client presentations
- Lead and participate in team brainstorms and other ideation sessions
- Partnering with strategy, account and production team members to ensure final deliverables meet and exceed client needs and expectations
- Work on several projects at once, sometimes under pressure, and often under tight deadlines
- Proven highly versatile creative conception, design and art direction skills
- Excellent eye for design and a portfolio that demonstrates a high-quality design aesthetic
- Proven ability to translate creative strategies into meaningful, memorable and measurable ideas
- Confident and dynamic presentation skills
- Understand the role of a creative brief, how work should flow from it, and how to develop ideas against it
- Detail oriented self-starter with the ability to prioritize, manage and efficiently complete multiple projects
- Open to change and highly adaptable to shifting needs and deadlines
- Expert-level ability in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong Macintosh, Keynote and Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree required and/or related work experience
- Mid-level: 3-5 years of related agency experience required
Havas Sports & Entertainment USA is a connected group of passionate creators immersed in sports, music and entertainment. As the passion point experts of Havas, HSE helps brands connect with fans and consumers to create meaningful brand moments.
Leveraging people’s passions, HSE creates thoughtful, insight led strategies that fuel authentic partnerships and imaginative brand experiences. HSE builds bridges between rights holders, media partners and fans – creating investments that grow brands and put them at the center of the moment.
With teams in New York City, Atlanta, Boston and Chicago, HSE offers capabilities in strategy, partnerships and experiences, bringing their clients the very best in practice. HSE is proud to work with some incredible brands, including The Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, TracFone Wireless, Invesco and Cracker Barrel.