Client Accounting Manager
The Senior Manager, Client Accounting reports to the Director of Client Accounting. The Senior Manager, Client Accounting role includes ability to manage and support staff to achieve goals and meet deadlines, as well as proficiency in Production, Spot, Print, Digital, and National Broadcast mediums as it relates to billing. They will act as liaison between the Accounts Receivable, Vendor Payable and Media Control departments. This role must understand the intricacies of the accounts being worked on, including Agency Media clearance dynamics and how they relate to invoicing the Client.
- Manage and support staff on billing process and system functionality as well as ensuring department goals and deadlines are maintained and achieved.
- Function independently in most daily responsibilities including requesting billing, creating/downloading/formatting reports to specifications, and trouble shooting/researching any related problems as it relates to billing and/or reporting.
- Oversee and monitor billing status for all clients; ensuring billing is generated per calendar, all required reports are supplied, and client’s fiscal year requirements are maintained.
- Monitor all clients throughout the month for un-billed status, escalating critical issues as needed.
- Manage client audit requests: ability to coordinate billing, vendor payments, cash disbursement, media authorizations and proof of performance independently. Prepare, sign off on, and distribute all audit required documentation to the client per deadline requested.
- Generate, design and create reports within Mediaocean’s media and accounting systems.
- Personally handle special projects/billing scenarios such as Specialty Co. billing.
- Inter-relate with Media/Account teams, Treasury and Media Controls regarding questions, outstanding invoices, invoice replication, audit requests, etc.
- Provide status reports for management and media review as needed.
- Minimum 7 years generating client billing in an advertising agency, or related industry.
- Proficiency in system functionality in Mediaocean, (aka DDS), required in Spot, Print, Adbuyer, Network, Production and Accounting systems.
- Candidate must also be proficient in Mediaocean, (formerly Donovan Data Systems), for all media and financial applications, including reporting, report design, and system inquiries. Expertise in Excel required (pivot tables, vlookup).
- Expertise in Spot, Print, Digital, National Broadcast and Production in relation to client billing/reporting functionality.
- Superior communication skills, incorporating the ability to speak and write clearly and professionally with all levels of staff, management, clients, vendors, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office, focusing on Excel expertise.
- Ability to work additional hours, as needed.