Havas Formula, an award winning national public relations agency, is seeking an Account Executive to join our Jaguar Land Rover division in our NY office. The role is solely to work on this account. We are seeking someone who has experience in or an interest in learning about luxury automotive.
The Account Executive will work together with the Jaguar Land Rover in-house team to deliver large scale PR campaigns / events as well as ongoing quality media relations programs. The AE is expected to foster media relationships to ensure brand/client coverage and event attendance, provide top notch client service, mentor junior staff and manage the division’s internship program.
- 15-20 media placements per month, with an emphasis on lifestyle media relations
- 2-3 tier 1 national business placements per quarter
- Event attendees for programs ranging from 10 to 100 guests
- Confident on phone, email and in-person media relations / pitching
- Contributes creative ideas for pitches to lifestyle media that helps garner press coverage for the client
- Tracks and provides competitive information to client with insight, POV or implication industry/competitive news has on the business/category
- Staffs media interviews and events with clients, provides feedback and conducts follow-ups with reporters
- Researches client speaking opportunities, industry awards, and competitor analysis
- Maintains consistent contact with all clients
- Supports and participates in weekly client conference calls: Develops agendas, reviews/edits junior staff contributions, and provides call re-caps/action items to team and client
- Attends client meetings, brainstorms, and planning sessions, as needed
- Shares proactive ideas to take to the client
Writing | Editing
- Drafts press releases, creative pitches, event/launch strategy docs, invitations, client briefing materials, and other client communications
- Drafts client ready emails
- Drafts or writes bylined articles, creative briefs, award and speaking submissions as needed
Events | Campaigns Management
- Assists team members on event logistics, provides on-site support, works with client on a day-to-day basis, compiles event re-cap, manages and conducts event media relations.
- Drafts or reviews event collateral including invitations, confirmation letters, welcome letters, and media or executive agendas
- Maintains online event resource database
- Participation in photoshoot or event ideation, scouting, permitting, and staffing
- Oversees and manages division’s reporting process, briefs junior team members on daily or long term assignments and reviews ongoing and event reports
- Serves as division lead for managing reporting vendor relationships with Meltwater, Burelle’s, others
Junior Staff Management | Mentoring
- Manages division intern program alongside another team member, including interviewing, recommendations for hiring and firing, mid-point reviews and day-to-day supervision
- Provides junior staff with guidance & serves as a mentor, problem solver & go-between for senior staff
- Oversees junior staff research projects (speaking opportunities, comp analysis, event venues, etc.)
- Delegates tasks to junior team members
- Participates in agency’s development programs
- Contributes positively to the culture, atmosphere & values & exudes a positive outlook on his/her team
- Establishes professional and respectful relationships with staff
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (communications, liberal arts, business or marketing focus preferred)
Experience: Three years of relevant public relations or marketing experience
Skills & Abilities Required: Has previous experience or an interest in learning about luxury automotive brands. Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences. Strong story-teller with the ability to articulate brand narrative. Must be self-motivated, collaborative and results driven. Solid and growing presentation skills.
Good leadership qualities and proven ability to lead by example. Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment. Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details. Team player with a passion to go “above and beyond” to complete a task or provide exceptional client service.
Strong writing (AP style), editing, listening and verbal communications skills. Resourceful and solutions focused. Capable of multitasking, prioritizing, organizing and thriving in a fast-paced environment. Effectively manages time and follow up. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and use / development of media databases.