Account Director - O2
Reporting To: Head of Client Planning
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies. HMG UK & Ireland today employs over 900 people and is made up of three leading media brands; Havas Media, Arena Media and Target Media, PR & experiential agency HSE Cake and specialist brands, Socialyse and Ecselis.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
This exciting and dynamic position within the Havas Group is based in our London office. As Account Director your remit will be to work across our flagship consumer account, O2, whilst managing a Planning Manager and Executive.
We are looking for someone with strong integrated media communications planning experience. You’ll be expected to provide best in class service for these clients, as well as be someone to provide innovative solutions to their business needs. You’ll manage and develop your team, imparting your knowledge to develop a strong client relationship and encourage organic growth opportunities wherever possible.
O2, owned by Telefonica, is one of the leading Telco brands in the UK but in a highly competitive market it’s never been more important to offer a point of difference through media and messaging by demonstrating innovation at every touchpoint. The role will be planning across both DR and Brand campaigns.
• Ability to provide best in class client stewardship
• Experienced in cross channel (offline and online) DR planning and implementation - from strategy to implementation and in-flight analysis / optimisation
• Owning responses from client brief to execution, ensuring that team and agency output is genuinely best in class
• Manage the client relationship on a day to day basis, coordinating the execution of the media plan with other internal specialist teams and with media owners as required
- Well informed about the current and future trends, in technology and media - and able to translate these trends into relevant and actionable recommendations.
• Working closely with the client to understand client business challenges and identification of suitable additional agency services to address the client’s needs
• Places the client’s needs at the heart of all delivery and building strong, meaningful relationships with client peers
• Drive innovation and fresh thinking across the client’s business as well as across the agency
• Help manage the internal process of forecasting future media investment from the clients
• Has a passion and enthusiasm for the evolving marketing communications landscape and inspiring others to feel the same
• Involved with other department projects and initiatives as well as being active in new business opportunities and pitches as and when they arise.
• Builds good relationships with wider Havas community, demonstrating a proactive desire to continually improve themselves and others around them.
• Making and maintaining good contacts with media owners.
• Contribute to new business efforts
The team and yourself:
• Ensures managers and execs are working to deliver integrated plans that display a deep understanding of all channels
• Owns the appraisal process for direct reports
• Continuously searching for new improved ways of approaching things and encouraging team to do the same
Who we’re looking for:
• Someone with prior experience within a media agency
• Someone with a strong background in both Brand and DR marketing, especially the evolving digital media environment
• You will be a team player and have experience of creating a collaborative team culture
• On top of this you will have proven high level communications experience across a range of client types
• Working knowledge of paid, owned, earned and shared media and experience of transforming clients from a traditional media model is essential for this role
• Our ideal Account Director will have strong commercial acumen with a willingness to sell-in commercial opportunities that are right for the client’s needs
• You will be passionate about media especially the brand and performance dynamic, coupled with a strong business, market, consumer and brand/performance understanding