The Supervisor, Analytics, provides leading-edge expertise, methodology and delivery of media and marketing measures and analysis. The team is responsible for deriving consumer and marketing insights and recommendation that are both strategic and tactical on optimizing current and future cross channel media plans, with a focus on digital channels. The Supervisor works with office leadership, discipline teams (e.g., integrated planning, mobile, paid search, SEO, social), and creative partners to develop online and offline media measurement requirements with the goal of driving actionable insights for campaign optimization. The basis of analysis is user level campaign data, as well as measurement tools (e.g., landing page testing, auditing tools, Web analytics, etc.).
- Establish online media measurement strategies for both display and paid search campaigns; implement appropriate testing methodologies, working directly within the client structure and creative agency partners.
- Work closely with media team to assess the campaign’s technical measurement and data requirements (e.g., tagging, Web analytics coding).
- Monitor and analyze performance through campaign dashboards and readouts, provide strategic optimization recommendations.
- Present measurement recommendations and campaign results to clients.
- Work with internal Artemis, offline media teams and research to develop new analysis and cross-media reporting/analysis.
- Develop unique and strategically-appropriate media approaches, including the exploration of emerging technologies pertinent to clients' business and media objectives.
- Create and recommend measurement techniques for clients who do not use third-party tags.
- Scope value-added analytics projects, including appropriate staffing and budget.
- Mentor team of analysts to develop analysis expertise, as well as career management.
- Assess category vendors, determining which is appropriate for campaign measurement requirements and budgets and manage relationship in order to extract value.
- Contribute to the company's knowledge base by creating and sharing case studies, POVs and seminar/conference summaries.
- Promote process and organizational efficiency through automation.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing analytics or business intelligence (focused in analytics), with progressive levels of responsibility; agency experience preferred.
- Outstanding academic credentials and a strong record of professional achievement.
- Experience working for a Media/Advertising agency is STRONGLY PREFERRED.
- Experience in the digital space a must.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage to deadlines.
- High proficiency in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to effectively oversee and guide a small team.
- Excellent understanding of online advertising ecosystem and performance metrics.
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
- Expertise collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data.
- Strong ability to judge and quantify results of advertising (i.e., understand true value of ROI, understand/ describe impact of results, compare actual results to needs of client/product) and know what to do with this information (i.e., how to optimize placements, which promotions to recommend, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of brand measurement tools (e.g., Millward Brown, comScore), including vendor analysis, implementation, and results analysis.