Account Manager Cross Media - O2
Reporting To: Account Director
This is an exciting Account Manager opportunity which will be working on our largest client. As part of an established planning team, you will work to support and deliver award winning work on O2. This role will involve media planning across multi- media channels (offline and online).
You will also be heavily involved in planning campaigns that work within the existing annual media strategy whilst working closely with the clients to achieve tangible results. O2 are an innovative client and this role requires someone who is always ready to challenge the status quo as well as delivering at a consistent and effective level.
- Effectively & proactively analyses client owned data and previous campaign learnings to plan approach to future facing campaigns. Span this interrogation of the data across media owner and industry data to draw actionable insight for planning.
- Plan campaigns worthy of award entry through smart use of insight, creativity, innovation and impressive results.
- Creates a measurement framework for every campaign: sets KPIs etc. Works with the performance and specialist teams to drive a full reporting process connected back to KPIs and objectives.
- Delivers clear, concise, directional, motivating briefs in person to the specialist teams. Works hands on in developing the brief with specialists - collaboratively and iteratively.
- Well informed about the current and future trends, in technology and media - and able to translate these trends into relevant and actionable recommendations.
- Bring the campaign to life by laddering back to insights, the audience and their journey through the campaign. Able to present this view confidently and articulate informed opinions back to clients and the wider team.
- Client facing on all presentations on media planning, campaign recommendations and subsequent results.
- Supporting the senior team members in delivering a strategic vision for planning.
- Recommending the most appropriate types of media to use, as well as the most effective time spans and locations.
- Managing client relationships to build respect and trust in your judgement.
- Involved with other department projects and initiatives as well as being active in new business opportunities and pitches as and when they arise.
- Builds good relationships with wider Havas community, demonstrating a proactive desire to continually improve themselves and others around them.
- Making and maintaining good contacts with media owners.
The team and yourself:
- Set benchmarks for personal development within team. Able to manage self and others, including up.
- Has a positive attitude, proactively offering support to the team and sharing knowledge widely.
- Approaches every day with a “lean in” mentality and is passionate about media and professional in their demeanour.
- Monitor day to day aspects of junior employees’ work to ensure high quality output and manage the group’s workload.
- Provide on the job training and learning opportunities for junior people.
- Highly organised individual who can manage their time effectively as well as helping junior members of the team manage theirs.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy on all communications and reports to clients and team and ensures clear deadlines are communicated and met.
- Works hard and smart completing things to a high quality standard.
Who we’re looking for:
- The ideal candidate will come from a media agency with substantial experience of cross channel media including offline and digital.
- You will have an abundance of client facing experience.
- Strong communication skills and coping with challenging situations are integral to the role.
- Ability to be flexible, multi task and adapt when a shift in focus is required given the fast paced nature of this account is vital.
- Ambitious, proactive, with a can do attitude.
- Industry tools like Telmar/ TGI, Addynamix /Ebiquity etc.
- Channel specific industry tools like social listening & search trend tools (eg. Sysomos, Google Trends).
- Microsoft Office – Basic use of key functions such as PowerPoint, Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn O2’s plethora of proprietary tools.