Supervisor, Connections Planning
The Supervisor, Connections Planning is responsible for the day to day management of the tactical media plan and its proper implementation, working to implement the brand’s overall media strategy. You are also expected to maintain a high level knowledge of your clients’ line of business by staying on top of industry trends. You will partner with the Associate Director and Director of the Connections Planning team and will organize and manage workflow; coordinating the Connections Planners and Connections Planner Associates in order to fulfill all media planning, analysis and scheduling requests. You will partner with internal teams to ensure strategic direction and goals are achieved and reflected in tactical plan recommendations.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s business and the consumer journey
- Working with Associate Director and/or Director, assist with the day-to-day activities associated with fulfilling the media plan strategy and achievement of cross channel media plan goals with inputs from Client Leadership and Strategic Communications Planning (media mix, delivery goals, flighting, daypart, etc.)
- Determine the optimal strategic approach cross channel and within channel (Digital, Print, Video, Audio, Specialty)
- Development and writing of client facing cross channel plan recommendation including plan presentations with accompanying flowchart and budgets, with inputs from investment teams on plan details.
- Lead collaborative, productive working relationship with Investment Teams and Havas Affiliates to ensure media strategies are being delivered and brand goals/client needs are being met
- Closely supervise the implementation and execution of the cross channel media plan, which includes flowcharting, budgeting, scheduling and establishing benchmarks for control
- Accountability for accuracy and media intelligence (syndicated insights, RFPs, etc.)
- Manage client requests ((i.e., plan changes, budget changes)
- Evaluate and assess media performance in order to determine the extent to which the original media objectives and strategies were accomplished
- Provide Connections Planning team with direction and assign tasks
- Maintain quality control while ensuring projects are produced completely, correctly, accurately and efficiently
- Stay apprised of industry standards, new media programs/opportunities and can advise on new ways to reach targets
- Supervise and motivate staff; promote agency teamwork
- 4 - 5 years of professional experience, preferably with an Agency.
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, and willingness to assume greater responsibility
- Understand the elements of a strategic marketing communications plan and be able to actively participate to deliver against it
- Solid understanding of the principles of marketing and advertising, media concepts and terms, creative and budget requirements
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to think cross-channel and in an integrated fashion across digital and offline media channels
- Strong written, presentation, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative/qualitative skills
- Ability to effectively oversee and guide a small team
- Must possess a complete understanding of agency planning procedures and internal capabilities
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint