Ad Operations Manager - Team O2
Reporting To: Head of Data
About Havas Group:
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, employing over 20,000 people in over 100 countries around the world.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for Havas Group in the UK, as we have just moved to our shiny new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross. This sees all UK agencies and 1700 people come together under one roof, with one common purpose to further our #HavasTogether mantra, bringing media and creative together.
Havas agencies stretch across media, creative, CRM, PR, healthcare, entertainment, and include among others Havas Media, Havas London, Havas Sports & Entertainment and Havas Helia.
About Team O2, Havas UK:
With over 12 million contract customers, O2 is the second-largest mobile network operator in the UK. As a brand, O2 are all about encouraging human connection. Through live, shared experiences they motivate people to 'Breathe it all in' - to use their mobiles as an enabler to experience more. O2 are the largest spending client across the Havas Media UK network and part of the global Telefonica portfolio managed by Havas. As a result of our work, O2 were named the tenth most awarded brand globally in WARC’s Media 100 rankings in 2019. Our clients are on the pulse of all things media and encourage innovation in a soon to be 5G enabled world. On O2, you can expect to work across a diverse range of campaigns - including how they promote high profile music artists at their O2 academies and The O2 arena. On Team O2, there is the perfect combination of performance and brand marketing exposure, showing how brands can build short-term and long-term growth in order to drive business outcomes.
You will be reporting to the Head of Data, but also will have considerable access and exposure to the Head of Performance and Head of Client Planning, as well as other senior leaders in Team O2. You will lead on campaign reporting and work with a wide range of stakeholders across the team and client. This is a great career development opportunity for a pro-active, confident, articulate, and rigorous self-starter.
The role is to manage the set up and trafficking of all Team O2 campaigns with a high level of accuracy, working closely with client teams to troubleshoot any issues. Managing and assisting the Ad Operations function day-to-day and overall direction.
Additionally, you’ll be part of bringing new consultancy products to market. These products will be based around solution design, implementation and testing of ad servers, data management, tag managers, data layers and activation platforms, but also dynamic creative optimisation (DCO).
- Setting up and trafficking ads for client campaigns.
- Creating tags and working with clients through implementation and testing
- Maintaining SLAs and client expectations.
- Troubleshooting and providing advice on tagging issues, discrepancies between platforms or problems with data layer infrastructure, tag management events etc.
- Auditing client tagging set-ups.
- Working side-by-side with the Performance team to build relationships with the internal Client Planning and Activation teams across multiple Havas business units.
- Manage one Ad Operations executive.
• You will place the client’s needs at the heart of all campaign management and build strong, meaningful relationships with client peers.
• You will keep in tune with client satisfaction levels and their perception of us as leaders and trusted advisors.
• Work seamlessly with both Planning and Performance teams to ensure brilliant planning is underpinned by seamless execution.
• Proven commercial acumen with significant experience and depth of knowledge across on and offline media; a passion for delivery and innovation; strong attention to detail and driven to be relentlessly focussed on identifying and delivering value.
• Supervise and undertake additional projects beyond client responsibilities as requested.
• Understand specific client needs; working with the wider Havas data team to create and develop tailor made services / solutions.
• Act as an evangelist by supporting new business and marketing in all areas including case studies and award entries.
• Work as a collaborative positive team player across Havas, actively supporting each other and sharing learnings.
• Take ownership of your own skills development with full commitment and attendance to all training and development sessions.
• Take a pro-active view to talent management, optimising the development opportunities for others and ensuring the appraisal process is adhered to for direct reports (currently one Ad Operations Exec).
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience working day-to-day with ad servers (Flashtalking will be an advantage)
• Strong experience with tag management solutions (Tealium will be advantage)
• Experience linking ad server to activation platforms.
• Knowledge of Adobe Analytics or similar.
• 2+ years or more in advertising operations.
• 2+ years or more in an agency environment.
• Line management experience.
• Experience in site auditing and schematic design for tag management set up, including Spotlight generation, both on websites and native mobile apps.
• Knowledge of rich media executions.
• Demonstrated application of scripts for automation.
• Exposure to DCO (dynamic creative optimisation).
• You are enthusiastic and very digital / tech savvy.
• You have a strong understanding of web delivery technology.
• You have excellent attention to detail.
• You have strong communication skills with an ability to tell data stories to stakeholders.
• You’re a high energy, positive, can-do person who is never satisfied, and is always looking for ways to improve what we do.
• You’re highly self-motivated but are happy working as part of a team.
• You’re a keen problem solver, someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable.
• You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• You are interested in the latest trends in media (desirable).
• You’re able to effectively time-manage workloads.