Director, Social Media
Our Boston based Social Media team is looking for a Director to join the team bringing a passion for Social and mentoring junior team members.
The Havas Social team is looking for someone who has experience working on the programmatic buying-side of social media, as well as a passion for coaching young talent. You’ll own relationships with powerhouse partners like Snapchat and Instagram while charting out the growth of key accounts. You’ll have a direct impact on the Social capability as we continue to grow and scale not just in Boston, but as a global organization. This is not your typical media agency or leadership role; if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and want to enact change that can quickly scale across a global network, we want you to be the next Director on our team.
What You’ll Do
- Own every facet of your accounts, ensuring clients’ goals are met on time and on budget with thorough planning and accurate campaign deployment, optimization, and reporting
- Lead the strategic direction of every initiative, demonstrating how social can drive business results with your deep understanding of media and platform-specific KPIs, buying models, and technical possibilities
- Proactively pursue opportunities to grow current business, while also contributing to new business efforts to help diversify the Havas portfolio
- Maintain efficient communication with account/project stakeholders, effectively communicating the status of projects, campaign results, and business opportunities
- Improve day-to-day functions of the Havas Social team by designing the right systems, processes, and resources to allow for effective communication
- Influence the direction of the Social capability by deploying those same systems at scale across the organization
- Educate our partners and clients about what’s possible based on the team’s capabilities, technology, and specialties, seizing the opportunity to sell in new work whenever possible
- Shape career development for members of the trading team through management and hands-on mentorship
- Manage resourcing for the Social team across accounts, paying close attention to client needs, how they’re being met across the team, and where we can make efficiencies or reallocate time to improve account service
What You’ll Need
- At least 8 years of experience in digital advertising - agency experience is a huge plus
- Technical, in-depth knowledge of social media buying and a deep understanding of all major social media platforms
- Experience planning and executing paid social media campaigns
- Experience managing a team and coaching individual performance
- Ability to speak media in a broader sense with an understanding of other channels like display, search, email, and TV is an extremely desirable benefit
- A collaborative work style - a huge part of the Havas culture is helping out where needed, regardless of level or designated role, to make great work
- The ability to juggle multiple clients and tasks, managing your time and the time of your direct reports wisely to load-balance
- People skills - they’re everywhere in our business, and being able to work with and present to a wide variety of personalities will go a long way
About Havas Social
The Havas Social team is a media and content capability within the Havas family. Our mission is to help brands understand and unlock the value of social media for their consumers and their business through an integrated offering of strategy, content, media and analytics. Our team is a combination of strategists, media planners, innovators, and big-picture thinkers who are constantly in search of what’s next, and how we can make it as exciting for our clients as it is to us.