Intermediate Digital Strategist
In the role of Strategist at Havas you will have a unique opportunity to help our clients at various stages of digital transformation initiatives, as well as marketing and communications projects. The ideal candidate will be able to drive strategy of digital projects with a shared lens between customer centricity and business objectives. You will work in a fast paced, technology and innovation driven environment with a cross-functional teams from UX and Creative to Media, Mobile and Technology.
- Lead client engagements (or as part of team) across variety of clients and industry verticals
- Understand our client’s goals and their business context and incorporate client’s unique requirements into strategy deliverables
- Lead ideation and development of user-centric solutions, meeting client-identified business objectives
- Understand and develop customer journey maps and service workflows across all channels to uncover better ways to acquire, retain and service customers
- Leverage data in solutioning process - consume and synthesize data to derive solution insights (from client data and research data)
- Drive client collaboration by leading workshops
- Provide thought leadership on projects as well as throughout organization internally as a digital SME
We are looking for someone who likes to dig into a problem, is undaunted by ambiguity, and has a passion for innovative solutions. This calls for a good balance of analytical skill, strategic thinking and creativity.
You like to take ownership of a project and leadership in a group. You need empathy too: knowing how to listen and speak, to users, clients and to your team. Data sense and analytical skills are critical: qualitative and quantitative, it’s all about rationale-based thinking.
You have excellent organizational abilities, strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, strong problem-solving skills in a technical environment, attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
Your background should include / you are (intermediate):
- Work both with complex, multi-touchpoint digital solutions and marketing campaigns
- Broad understanding of digital marketing ecosystem with knowledge of industry trends
- A curious digital thinker
- Practice and thought leadership (discipline specific and in-vertical)
- Agency or consulting experience
- 4+ years of experience in a strategy role in management consulting (digital focus) or digital agencies
- Strategy projects in following areas:
- Digital Transformation
- Web and Mobile
- Digital marketing
- Familiarity and experience with following activities and deliverables:
- Requirements gathering
- Workshop planning & facilitation
- Ideation and prioritization
- Journeys and personas
- Conversion and optimization
- Formulating arguments and insights based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience using analytics software (such as GA or Omniture) is an asset
- Experience leading small to medium projects and an understanding of project management
- Supporting proposal development and pitch presentations
- Direct experience working with a multi-disciplinary team (including mix of agency and client)
- Knowledge of SEO is an asset
The Havas Strategy Team
The Strategist will be part of a multidisciplinary team of experienced strategists (Business, Digital, Mobile, Media, Social, Analytics, Brand) who like to collaborate and share ideas. The strategy group is very closely integrated with our CX practice and it can play a role from business development phase and all the way through project delivery and post-launch program-level work.
We are all about rallying to a common cause: shaping and making experiences that inform and move people. We design stuff, and make sure it can be built (too many strategy documents are dying a slow death on an decommissioned hard drive…), so frequently we build it ourselves. Located in the King and Bathurst neighborhood, we are focused on national with a sprinkling of international clients and operate as part of the Havas global network. Our work environment is informal, eclectic, fast-paced and friendly.
If you see yourself in this job description and you are interested in an opportunity in an entrepreneurial and agile environment, then please get in touch.