User Experience Architect
Havas Digital delivers strategy, visioning, design, and development services for projects in a wide range of industries. The Toronto office is looking for an experience architect to join our team, working on experience strategy, design, content, and usability.
This is a position for someone with proven skills in designing digital user experiences, including websites, apps, software, wearables and beyond. Working closely with visual designers and developers, the experience architect is the project catalyst, melding the priorities of people, businesses, and technology.
The experience architect is responsible for designing and delivering key strategic services:
- Gathering user and business requirements
- Planning and executing quantitative and qualitative research
- Conducting contextual research, task analyses and competitive reviews
- Facilitating workshops and design sessions is a key responsibility.
He or she will be responsible for creating and managing key design processes and artefacts:
- Concept maps, eco-systems and site maps
- Personas, journeys and user flows
- Sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
The role involves being a visionary - seeing possibilities that drive innovation and deliver for clients - and an advocate for users and for good experiences.
We are looking for someone who likes to dig in to a problem, is undaunted by ambiguity, and has a passion for innovative solutions. This calls for a good balance of creativity and analytical skills.
You thrive on collaboration but also like to take ownership of a project. You are empathetic: knowing how to listen and speak, to users, to clients, to team mates are key.
- 3+ years of UX design experience
- University degree or certification in information architecture, HCI, human factors/ergonomics, user experience design, interaction design, or related field
- Portfolio of work including both marketing/content related projects and complex, interaction-rich interfaces
- Usability research experience
- Data sense and analytical skills are critical: qualitative, quantitative or both, it’s all about rationale-based design.
- Superior communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Direct experience working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working independently and as part of a team
- Agency or consulting experience
- Familiarity with agile design/development methodology
- Experience working on multiple projects/for multiple clients in parallel
- Responsive and adaptive design concepts and practice
- Design for mobile devices
- Design for e-Commerce
- Design for content management (cataloguing, taxonomies, template design)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content strategy
- Service design
- Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure, Balsamiq, Adobe suite, or related (two required)
The Havas Digital Team
The experience architect will be part of a tight, savvy team of experienced architects and designers who like to collaborate and share ideas. The group is part of the digital division of the agency.
We are all about rallying to a common cause: shaping and making experiences that inform and move people. We design stuff, and that stuff gets built. Located in the King and Bathurst neighbourhood, we are focused on national and international clients and operate as part of the excellent Havas global network.
Our work environment is informal, eclectic, fast-paced, friendly, entrepreneurial and agile.
Havas Digital is part of the Havas Group of companies. Havas aims to be the world’s best company at creating meaningful connections between people and brands using creativity, media and innovation. The agency is built on an integrated structure, including 50 “Havas Villages” around the world that combine digital, creative and media capabilities and teams under one roof to best meet our clients’ needs.
Founded in 1835 by Charles Louis Havas, our network is made up of 20,000+ employees in 100+ countries and provides advertising, marketing, corporate communications, design, digital and social media solutions to clients.
Our Vision: To Better Together
Our Mission: To be the world’s best company at creating meaningful connections between people and brands through creativity, media and innovation.