IT Helpdesk Technician
This Junior to Mid-Level (based on experience) Help Desk Support Specialist role involves working in a very fast past environment in the Advertising industry. Candidate must be customer service orientated, energetic, expresses a passion for working in a technology capacity, and have 1-2 years experience. Responsibility includes providing technical assistance supporting both Mac and Windows computer systems including hardware, and corporate software applications. Responds to queries using a ticketing system, runs diagnostic programs with various tools, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions for a variety of issues ranging from simple to complex.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person, remotely, or over the phone.
- Train new hires on systems and applications.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Perform desk moves on an on-going basis.
- Perform inventory of all hardware.
Maintain and troubleshoot PC hardware/ software/ LAN and network, working with users to induct and train them on IT applications. Also liaise with vendors on IT hardware and software purchases and maintenance.