Account Manager Cross Media - Open University & Michelin
Office Location: The HKX Building, 3 Pancras Sq, London, N1C 4AG, U.K.
About Havas Media Group
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
This is an opportunity to truly own client relationships and have autonomy managing multiple campaigns with key clients for Havas Media – mainly focusing on Open University with some work on Michelin too.
Open University is a village client for Havas, meaning we own the relationship for media and creative, which makes it a really unique account in the industry, a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow but also have a real and genuine influence in the direction for the client.
The role is in Havas Media, working really closely with our creative colleagues to form an integrated team, and also the client to create new, innovative and effective campaign solutions. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of multiple campaigns at any one time for this busy and diverse client. A major part of the role will be challenging the client to think in new ways in terms of delivering business needs and answering briefs with a focus on all aspects of digital media. You will have the opportunity to develop strategic thinking and planning skills with the need to apply audience insight and strategic rigour to each of the briefs you will interpret, respond to and manage on a regular basis. This role is a great opportunity for an individual looking to learn and grow, establish strong client relationships and campaign management skills. However, the successful candidate must be a great collaborator, who has a real enthusiasm to learn to play a lead role in managing the account,
- Manage multiple campaigns, providing first class service to our clients, as well as delivering quality and innovative solutions
- Integrating into the Havas Village Open University team and drive the team dynamic and establishing best ways of working.
- Apply knowledge of media and communication platforms to identify the most appropriate mediums to overcome the client’s challenge and fulfil their needs
- Drive integrated process and thinking across various teams within the Havas village
- Developing ideas and pinpointing business problems
- Analysing and interpreting a variety of information
- Keeping up-to-date with cultural/social trends and customers’ views and attitudes
- Presenting strategy and plans to clients and agency staff
- Evaluating campaign effectiveness with regular reporting and post-campaign analysis to ensure constant learning and development of strategic thinking
- Working as a fully collaborative, positive team player across HMG, actively supporting each other and sharing learnings via the peer to peer initiatives
- Ensuring that appraisal process is kept to for line report, taking ownership of your own skills development with full commitment & attendance to all training and development sessions
- People supervision – monitor day to day aspects of the Account Executive and ensure high quality output or work.
- Set benchmarks for personal development within team
- Provide on the job training and learning opportunities for the Senior Account Executive
- Ability to manage a portfolio of clients on a day to day basis, co-ordinating the execution of the media plan with specialist teams
- Evidence of supporting the AD & CP on running day-to-day activity from brief through to implementation stage
- Evidence of placing the client’s needs at the heart of all delivery and building strong, meaningful relationships with client peers
Who we’re looking for:
- Preferred candidate will be an experienced Account Manager. They will have three years’ experience and be established in cross-media (on and offline) planning.
- Thorough understanding of the role that the communication objectives fit within wider client business needs and the marketing landscape
- Client friendly persona with an ability to present ideas with conviction and gravitas
- Ability to foster relationships with internal client planning teams as well as directly with our clients, in delivering the planning product
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Be able to effectively manage a number of internal (specialist teams) and external (clients) stakeholders
- Strong organisational skills to effectively manage workflow and complex campaign processes
- Time management and the ability to determine priorities and meet deadlines
- Presentation and communication skills
- Strong administration skills
- Able to approach more menial tasks with equal enthusiasm
- Knowledge of industry research , measurement and reporting tools (TGI, Adynamix, MediaTel, Google DCM)
- To be experienced and proficient in MS Office, Powerpoint, Word and Excel
The Type of Character We Are Looking For
- A collaborator –team player and a passionate motivator, who can communicate and relate to all levels of people
- A learner – someone that wants to push and challenge themselves. Open University is a different way of working and we want someone who embraces it and uses it as an opportunity for growth.
- A high energy, positive, can-do person who has a willingness to learn and think quickly on their feet
- Someone who can make things happen and can think outside the box
- A confident communicator who is able to showcase conviction in their ideas