Account Director SEO - Maersk, Red Driving School, National Express, Pernod & Ella's Kitchen,
Reporting to: Head of SEO
Office Location: HKX Building, 3 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
About Havas Media Group:
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
Ecselis is the specialist digital media performance division of Havas Media Group, with over 350 specialists across 38 markets. We are responsible for managing UK and International paid search, SEO, acquisition and performance display advertising for 50+ unique clients, each with often complex and individual requirements. Offering extensive expertise and rich actionable insight, we help brands understand and navigate the complex performance marketing world, delivering simplicity across owned, earned, shared and paid performance channels. As an integrated and agile unit, Ecselis provides multi-channel solutions and flexible bespoke models to drive business level performance. What makes us stand out is our ability to offer the agility of a specialist agency powered by the strength of a major media group, bringing together media, technology, creative and data.
What it’s like to work with us
We foster an environment that allows our team to be the best that they can be, so no micromanagement, no dictatorial relationships.
We expect excellence, so we create an atmosphere for excellence. We ultimately look for people to forge a path in this intricately exciting business of ours.
We expect agility and no fear.
What we need
We’re looking for an experienced SEO leader that not only understands SEO but understands the role it plays in the wider media mix. Someone able to devise award winning SEO strategies for large multinational brands.
We need someone who is not only adaptable but flexible and positively disruptive. We don’t need a box ticker, we need innovation, change and future thinkers. We don’t think of SEO as just ten links on a SERP, we figure out how to evolve our strategy to get the most for our clients, be it using rich snippets and video, voice search, App Store optimisation and even Amazon SEO.
This role is a senior role in the SEO team and in Ecselis - line managing x2 Managers and x2 Execs.
As this role will be responsible for managing senior client relationships, we are looking for strong and confident leaders who are not only able to drive strategic performance but are also able to challenge briefs.
This role is a key role in the agency and will also grow relationships with other group agency personnel, to find ways to work more efficiently and to source new revenue opportunities.
What you will be doing
- Developing award winning, innovative and data-drive performance SEO strategies for current and new clients; to include test and learn practices via proposals and presentations.
- Take ownership for innovation in the SEO space - developing new technology and ways to enhance performance through processes, automation and standardisation.
- Keeping up to date with how SEO is changing, new technology and initiatives.
- Leading senior client relationships and owning client satisfaction for services provided. Being a senior escalation point for client challenges.
- Leading and supporting the wider team and your direct reports, through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Lead / support the development of SEO products, integrating with paid search and other disciplines / channels.
- Improve and implement processes, from how services are created, documented and accessed (intranets, templates, roadmaps, frameworks etc).
- Commercial responsibility for core client programmes and prospecting for increasing revenue.
- New business ownership, development and support.
- Develop your personal brand and be a thought leader in the industry through articles, speaking events and innovation.
Who are you
- A clear leader and strategic thinker who can set longer terms goals to meet the client’s business objectives
- An experienced director-level technical SEO who is adept at budgeting and forecasting.
- A confident communicator who can push for what is needed, or push back when required
- Someone who lives and breathes SEO but is also aware of how other channels feed into / support / compliment SEO (channels such as paid search, paid social, organic social, display, programmatic, ooh), and has a strong grasp of how the industry is evolving - able to add your own POV. Any cross-channel experience is advantageous - especially paid search.
- Someone who understands performance at a deep level and can demonstrate it through previous client programmes.
- Familiarity with industry tools, systems and frameworks and how we can leverage them (APIs, automation etc). Development skills are a bonus.
- Someone who is a challenger in their thinking and approach to SEO. Extremely proactive and entrepreneurial.
- Very organised and able to juggle multiple projects within short time frames. Someone who can manage their own time well, and of coure effectively use the time of their team of managers and execs.
- Someone able to get their hands dirty.