Junior Media Trader (Programmatic) Entry Level - O2, BBC, Paypal, AXA, Hyundai and National Express.
Reporting To: Programmatic Trading Manager
Office Location: HKX Building, 3 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
We are Havas UK. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between people and brands to drive business success with one vision, one voice and one P&L. Havas is the only truly integrated marketing and communications company in the UK.
A multi-disciplinary offering, all united under one leadership, all in one building. Advertising, media, data and technology, digital, social, mobile, CRM, UX, sports and entertainment, public relations, corporate communications, healthcare, design, research, employer branding and recruitment. Clients can select one, some, or all of these services depending on their needs, via one Havas business lead.
Havas has invested heavily in developing the best in programmatic – both from a talent and technology perspective – and it represents one of the fastest growing business units in the entire Havas Group network. There is an established trading presence in over 35 countries where we operate programmatic digital advertising campaigns for some of the words leading online brands. Our market leading approach to programmatic buying, substantial and cutting-edge technological infrastructure and established client portfolio enable us to be at the forefront of the programmatic landscape.
Programmatic has revolutionised media buying through the use of data and technology, bringing unprecedented targeting and efficiency. Havas are at the forefront of this technology and are looking for an entry level candidate to join the Programmatic Hub, the Trading Desk for Havas Media Group.
Graduate and new industry entrants are a vital part of Havas’ growing business, and the Programmatic Hub is proud to offer one of the best training schemes in the industry. You’ll be working alongside fellow enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious traders who are keen to not only develop their knowledge in programmatic trading but also to lead the way in its application to Clients such as O2, BBC, Paypal, AXA, Hyundai and National Express.
There is a wide network of specialist support within the rest of the Programmatic Hub - across Trading, Planning and Supply – as well as other specialisms within Havas. You would also liaise closely with Programmatic Planning and the Digital Client teams on campaign performance or programmatic approaches as your learning develops.
The role is perfect for someone who has a strong analytical background and thirst for learning – there is a steep learning curve which is highly rewarding and there are huge development opportunities for those with a strong trading foundation.
There is a big focus on training & development within the Programmatic Hub team, so candidates will not only be evaluated on their strengths but also their attitude to learning new skills.
What we expect of the person in this role:
- Ability to be on time when showing up at work and attending meetings
- Providing support and assistance to others where possible
- Communicating often with those around them and with their line manager
- Following instructions from Senior members of the Team
- Engage with all those that provide training, both internal and external vendors
- Ability to work to deadlines provided, with the support of senior team
- Proactively ask questions and be curious
- Proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
What you will be responsible for:
- Developing a level of programmatic knowledge across platforms, technology and vendors
- Completion of all training provided
- Daily reporting updates to the Trading Team
- Daily campaign pacing adjustments to deliver campaign budgets and achieve campaign KPIs
- Weekly reporting analysis of programmatic campaigns, including campaign statistics, optimisations rationale and basic dimension analysis
- Supporting Senior Traders on ad-hoc reporting or larger strategic campaigns
- Developing an understanding of the wider programmatic ecosystem and the media agency
- Deploy testing methodologies on campaigns under the director of Senior Traders/Trading Managers
- Proactively feeding back on results and findings, contributing to wider team learning
Who we’re looking for:
- A school leaver or graduate with strong results in an analytical or quantitative discipline
- Highly numerate and comfortable with data processing and interpretation
- Good attention to detail and process orientated
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to take the initiative
- You enjoy working autonomously but also within a larger team that work collaboratively.
- You’re open to new ideas and developing your knowledge.
- You have passion and curiosity for the industry, and can demonstrate this passion in your output for clients
- An enthusiastic approach to all aspects of the role.
- Conscientious and take pride in the quality of your work
- Keen to contribute with ideas about new ways of working or processes to benefit the wider team/ agency.
- Previous active experience with data processing and analysis platforms (for example in banking sector or during degree projects) desirable, but not required
- An understanding of web delivery technology, especially marketing technology (e.g. cookies, Adservers, http protocols) desirable, but not required