Associate Connections Planning
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO START WORK ASAP!
The Connections Planning Associate is a crucial position which requires an individual to work well within a team and be prepared for a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment. This individual is expected to show resourcefulness, exhibit accountability, and understand their role well enough to work independently and demonstrate initiative. The Connections Planner Associate is expected to be an active participant in meetings and day-to-day interactions with an increasing level of contribution as the experience builds.
This individual is expected to contribute in channel planning, implementing and maintaining of cross channel media plans. As an entry level position, the Connections Planner Associate position represents the start of a media career and is highly supported by the team.
- Work closely with Connections Planner, participate in the development of and management of cross channel media plans.
- Liaise between Investment teams to ensure plans are on schedule and elements are completed.
- Assist in development of cross channel media plans that specify which channels to use to effectively reach the target audience.
- Prepare and update media flowcharts, assist in the media buying process through the creation of media authorization forms and media buy specs.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions.
- Assist with tracking media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Compile and analyzes secondary research.
- Utilize and understand proprietary and syndicated research tools used for planning and reporting purposes.
- Work with Connections Planner and Manager to craft RFPs and briefs for activation teams.
- Collaborate with client-focused teams.
- Review industry trades for new sites, innovative and creative ad units and technologies, as well as competitive information.
- Monitor cultural and social trends that affect a client’s business.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Previous Internship experience in Advertising, Marketing or Communications Planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for frequent contact with the Communication Strategy and Investments teams.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Significant organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of the media planning function.
- Math acumen.
- Advanced Excel skills; intermediate PowerPoint and Microsoft Word skills.
- Knowledge of MRI/Simmons, Mintel, ComScore is a plus but not require.