Business Planning Director - O2
Reporting To: Client Partner
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
With over 25 million subscribers, O2 is the second-largest mobile network operator in the United Kingdom. As a brand, O2 are all about encouraging human connection. Through live, shared experiences they encourage people to breathe it all in, using their mobiles as an enabler to do it easily. They are the largest spending client across the Havas Media UK network and as a result of our work, were named the tenth most awarded brand globally in WARC’s Media 100 rankings in 2019. Our clients are on the pulse of all things media and encourage innovation in a soon to be 5G enabled world.
On O2, you can expect to work across handsets and sim contracts campaigns to how they promote high profile artists at their O2 academies and The O2. They believe that your mobile network should be more than just a mobile and through their compelling USPs, work hard to introduce new products that fit to the rhythm of everyone’s life. On Team O2, you are provided the perfect combination of performance and brand campaign exposure, showing how brands can build short term and long term growth in order to satisfy business outcomes.
Reporting directly into the Client Partner, this role focusses on solving client problems with media solutions and strategies. With a solid understanding across all channels you will be able to have well informed client conversations covering both brand and performance.
Working closely with the strategy team, you will be responsible for translating the strategy into campaigns - starting with the identification of target audience and channel budget allocation utilising a suite of tools at your disposal including TGI and Spectrum (Havas proprietary planning tool). From this point you will need to translate the strategy into detailed channel plans, ensuring the recommendation is robust and has a clear measurement framework.
- Owns the response to client briefs – ensuring that team and agency output is genuinely best in class
- Working closely with clients to understand client business challenges and identification of suitable additional agency services to address the clients’ actual needs.
- Places the client’s needs at the heart of all delivery and building strong, meaningful relationships with client peers
- Identification and definition of target audiences built out from APT (Havas proprietary tool) in conjunction with other tools e.g. TGI
- Budget allocation across channels based on audience, objectives and specialist knowledge on econometrics and attribution
- Input to development of measurement framework including KPI’s and methodology in conjunction with specialists
- Creation and presentation of clear recommendations to clients
- Quality control any plans/recommendations across the wider team to ensure that they deliver against the overall strategy
- Management and development of direct reports – x2 Planning Account Directors
- Build strong working relationships with data and strategy teams both within Havas and VCCP (O2’s creative agency)
- Help drive award entries – from delivering award winning work to writing up the entries
- Contribute to new business efforts
- Keep on top of the latest thinking on how media works e.g. Byron Sharp, Binet and Field
Who we’re looking for:
Someone with proven ability to make things happen, with genuine passion for media who wants to create a new and different campaigns. People and culture are what makes agencies special and we want someone who is great to work with as part of a like-minded team. We would also like someone with proven ability to build close relationships with client, but who also immediately builds credibility, amongst the team and the industry. We would like someone to join the existing team who are driven to help our clients gain advantage and innovative solutions.