Media Account Director
Havas Media has an immediate position available for Account Director in our Toronto Office.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a dynamic integrated marketing company in the heart of downtown Toronto on some of our flagship accounts. As an Account Director, you will lead and manage multiple accounts, and coach, mentor and manage a team. You are expected to maintain a high level of knowledge of your clients’ line of business, have a solid understanding of media tools and best practices and a passion for seeking out new opportunities for clients. As the champion of your clients’ business in the agency, you work effectively with broadcast, search, social, programmatic and analytics specialists to drive great results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategic Media Account Leadership
- Guide the development & execution of integrated media strategies
- Attend and strategically contribute to client planning meetings
- Assist in developing overall strategic media approach with all media disciplines and present media strategies and recommendations to clients
- Analyze campaign performance data and communicate key outcomes to client and internal agency staff
- Oversee implementation processes with planner, buyer and coordinator and manage day-to-day media team operations
- Stay on top of industry trends and new media opportunities, and foster innovative thinking in the media planning group
Client & Internal Relationship
- Build trusting collaborative relationships with clients of all levels
- Maintain senior client, and internal stakeholder relationships
- Manage expectations of clients and deliverables
- Stay on top of business and client concerns to head off issues early
- Accurately represents the client’s point of view when reviewing work, leverage this perspective when providing feedback to team and presenting to client, ultimately focused on doing the best work for the Client’s business
- Invest time to investigate opportunities for providing better Client support
- Ensure collaboration among all Agency departments; fosters great teamwork
Recruitment and Team Care
- Assist in the development of training curriculum for new employees
- Mentor and manage team of Media Planners, Buyers and Campaign Managers to achieve employee goals
- Make recommendations to media leadership team on account assignments and workload management for direct reports
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Minimum 6+ years in a media buying, planning and strategic marketing role, agency experience preferred;
- Experience with digital media (with hands on experience of display, online video and working knowledge of search, social and programmatic buying)
- Must be a strategic thinker with the native ability to place media programs in the context of our clients’ bigger picture marketing and business objectives
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a team, collaborate with and influence others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (including presentations);
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
HAVAS MEDIA is one of the world’s fastest growing media groups having grown from 10 markets in 1999 to 126 markets in 2014. The group has a deeply ingrained culture that celebrates our united values and strong entrepreneurial spirit. Havas Media is seeking to fill a permanent position for a Media Planner/Buyer to work with both National and Global clients.