Digital Account Director - Kia Motors / The Open University
Reporting To: Digital Business Director
About Havas Media Group
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies. HMG UK & Ireland today employs over 900 people and is made up of five leading media brands; Havas Media, Arena Media, Fullsix, LuxHub and Target Media, PR & experiential agency HSE Cake and specialist brands, Socialyse, Mobext and Ecselis.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
About Arena Media
Havas Media is a strategic media and marketing agency designed to create Meaningful Brands by re-imagining valuable experiences. We believe that brands need to re-connect with consumers and approach marketing differently in order to be meaningful today and tomorrow. Our smart thinking around enhancing customer experiences means we deliver high performance, highly optimised user-first solutions to deliver more measurable, meaningful experiences between brands and people.
Visit our global website
This is an exciting position within Havas Media to act as a Digital Account Director, working across several of our most prodigious online accounts. You’ll be expected to manage key pieces of business, providing a superior service to our clients and delivering innovative digital solutions wherever possible. You’ll apply your knowledge of media and communications platforms to identify the most appropriate mediums and data-led solutions to overcome the challenges the clients are facing.
This is an opportunity to take a digital leadership role on some of Havas Media’s core accounts. The portfolio is subject to experience but will include a variety of performance and branding focused clients. We are seen as a crucial partner for driving business growth and results for clients and the AD has a central responsibility to deliver this promise.
The role will focus is digitally focused around the below 10 areas. Some areas require advanced knowledge and leadership, others require a basic understanding.
- Digital cross-channel planning
- Audience data planning
- Investment & trading
- Publisher & technology landscape
- OSEP strategy
- Audience research tools
- Industry/market innovation
The Role in Detail:
What we expect of the person in this role:
- From a planning perspective, well versed in cross-platform paid digital channels including: display (direct & programmatic), mobile, & paid social. A general understanding of PPC, video, and biddable platforms is also beneficial.
- Working with your Business Director and team to lead the activation planning of all digital channels (display, mobile, social) – developing the media plans from an overall activation planning perspective and integrating programmatic, social, and mobile planning expertise into their respective teams.
- Channel and audience planning within and across channels as per activation strategy set with Business Director.
- Work in conjunction with platforms (e.g. Affiperf, Mobext, Socialyse, and Ecselis) on management and optimisation of campaigns.
- Manage a small proportion of display suppliers and publishers for direct IO buying – focus is to interpret digital strategy to support clients’ business through platform growth.
- Be client facing as necessary depending on the needs of specific accounts, working as part of client team across disciplines, delivering integrated services to our clients.
- Develop and evolve best-in-class client reporting (working closely with DBi).
- Manage and optimise day-to-day channel performance against client KPIs.
- Manage digital executive(s) (exact number varies by team and client).
- Continually act as an ambassador for the agency at internal and external events, demonstrating our agency values and lending to the development of a great agency culture.
What you will be responsible for:
- Connected activation planning, working closely with wider team, led by a Digital Business Director, but with a reasonable degree of autonomy.
- Working within an integrated client and planning team, with aim to gain exposure to all channels and ensure that digital seamlessly integrates into comms output
- Managing investment planning at platform & audience level, managing yourself and team of executives to build and deliver media plans, liaising closely with media partners defined by the trading team to nurture relationships, drive innovation, and delight clients.
- Developing high level activation planning insight and rationale with the support of your team and overall leadership on the account.
- Managing and optimising the performance of media plans against KPIs on relevant frequencies.
- Implementation, activation, quality assurance, measurement, and reporting for cross-channel digital media campaigns (technical campaign logistics).
- Working across multiple digital media platforms including, but not limited to, Doubleclick, Integral Ad Science, Google Analytics, Artemis, Comscore, etc (exact needs dependent on account)
- Manage a portfolio of clients on a day to day basis, working closely to understand their business challenges
- Owns the response to client briefs – ensuring that team and agency output is genuinely best in class and delivering against client’s targets and objectives, demonstrating a deep understanding of media channels.
- Leads and manages client digital projects through to completion
- Coordinating the execution of media plans with other internal specialist teams and with media owners
- Demonstration a passion towards the client’s business performance at all times, challenging the status quo and driving innovation and fresh thinking across the client’s business as well as across the agency
- Restless to continuously optimise clients’ campaigns and approaches to market
- Places the client’s needs at the heart of all delivery and building strong, meaningful relationships with client peers
- Drive innovation and fresh thinking across the client’s business as well as across the agency
- Strong internal commercial management including accurate and up to date forecasting, committed management of budgets and commercial action plans and a good eye for delivering profitability and commercial opportunities that will add value to client’s business.
- Oversees the team’s workload and output and owns the appraisal process for direct reports and responsibility for their skills development and performance
- Demonstration of strong upward management skills to ensure that all senior leaders are continually aware of opportunities and risks for clients, the business and people
- Have a passion and enthusiasm for the evolving marketing communications landscape and keeping at the forefront of trends and developments, and inspiring others to do the same
- Act as a cultural lead for the agency by leading by example and inspiring others. Embody the Arena values – entrepreneurial, restless, personable and imaginative
- Minimum 4 years experiences, preferably in a solely digital role
- Working knowledge of paid, owned, earned and shared media channels in both digital and offline
- Strong team leadership skills and experience of creating a collaborative team culture
- Proven high level communications experience across a range of client types
- Inspiring presentation skills with clients and in pitches
- Strong business, market, consumer and brand/performance understanding
- Passionate about media and the communications landscape
- Display an agile and innovative way of thinking
The Type of Character We Are Looking For
- A leader, team player and a passionate motivator. We are committed, driven and action oriented, but we also like to have some fun
- You should be driven to achieve results in a friendly manner but at the same time maintain quality and standards
- Possess a high energy, positive can-do attitude and be able to get on with myriad of different types of people. The ability to keep calm under pressure is vital.
- You will need to have strong communication skills, with the confidence to push back on clients where appropriate
- You should have experience of being the primary contact on a large sized piece of business
- Gravitas and confidence, someone who can comfortably communicate and relate to all levels of people within a business, including CEO level
- Someone who fully understands and will be passionate about our values