VP, Social Strategy Director
We are looking for a Vice President, Social Strategy Director to join & help lead the Havas Social group in Chicago. In your day to day you’ll be helping to oversee the day to day strategic growth of the group both locally in the US. A primary focus will be on seamless management and growth of core client business and a focus on bringing on new business via client & partner relationships. The role with support oversight of the Social Strategy, Consultative Services, Paid Planning, Content Execution and Analytics teams across the Social ecosystem. You’ll be responsible for the team managing end to end campaign deployment, optimization and reporting across the client set. You'll help build senior client relationships and work to internally evangelize the social services to media planning and digital media teams.
- Be seen as a leader and role model within Havas helping to shape the social practice
- Understand strategic needs of our clients and deliver resources to meet not only advertising needs, but overarching business goals
- Understand and effectively communicate value proposition, technology, processes, and partnerships as they relate to the growth of current and prospective client accounts
- Understand social media and digital category-specific landscapes and trends, and their impact on Social; report on the macro and micro forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Leverage and expand existing knowledge of the digital media industry including developing innovations in mobile, social, and emerging media
- Responsibility for a team of 15+
- Responsible for New Business, Social Strategy and Activation
- Drive integrated process and thinking across client teams, strategy and product areas
- Work with trading team to establish workflows, protocols, and KPI’s, for media operations organization
- Manage team to deliver on accounts effectively day to day
- Support the Client Directors and Planning Directors across all teams
- Manage, develop, mentoring of all junior team members within Social
- Work to ensure high quality output and manage the group’s workload
- Set benchmarks for personal development within team
- Appraise group and identify training & education needs
- Provide on the job training and learning opportunities for junior people
- Lead the trading team responsible for managing social advertising campaigns across multiple social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Snap, Pinterest & Linkedin
Social Media & Platform Expert:
- Must be an expert user of most social ad technology
- Maintain an expert level understanding of technical and tactical aspects of media execution; social ad specs, new/beta features, and best practices for executing complex social ad campaigns.
- Ensure Social campaign delivery, performance and advertiser goals are being fulfilled as scheduled.
- Troubleshoot technical issues at all stages of the campaign process from implementation through execution and reporting.
- Monitor campaign performance and pacing and conduct performance analyses on a regular basis, using a data driven approach to optimize campaigns
- Work closely with client services and display teams, updating them regularly on campaign performance and issues.
- Deliver reporting and in-depth analysis to wider teams that provides clients with unique and actionable insights.
- Well- developed interpersonal, team building and relationship management skills.
- Effective written communication, presentation, influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills to effectively manage smooth flow of work through agency.
- Time management and the ability to determine priorities and delegate effectively.
- Ability to select, motivate and develop staff.
- Tact, diplomacy, maturity in relating and interacting with people at all levels.
- Discretion exercised and organizational impact is high.
- Strategic planning across digital channels
- Strong relationships with the core digital Media Owners
- Overseeing campaign bookings and Finance
- Overseeing weekly analysis reports for relevant clients as well as quarterly reviews
- Client facing presentations on campaign recommendations and subsequent results
- Input to internal and external award entries
- Presenting in agency pitches
- Budget management
Experience & Tools:
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in digital advertising
- Senior sales role at a PMD, technology provider or social network/inventory owner, preferred.
- Hands-on experience working within a social team in a media agency or Paid Search background is ideal
- Deep understanding of and interest in Social online advertising industry; including advertising systems
- Proven track record of fostering an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility and identifies cost effective approaches as stewards of client funds and/ or agency resources
- Executes duties and assignments as directed in compliance with corporate guidelines and objectives
- Partners with Marketing and Communications teams for the latest focus and messaging for external communications for the purpose of agency publicity, public announcements, civic activities, etc.
- Participates in new business efforts; advises of the potential for new business opportunities in the local market area, or throughout the system as necessary
- Assures client relationships remain productive and that clients receive a quality of service that encourages further growth and profitability with us
- Attends appropriate business/ social functions that enhance the image of the Agency, reveal growth opportunities, identify risks to the business, or solidify client relationships
- Ensure their teams conform and adhere to Socialyse policies and procedures
- Facilitates and promotes corporate initiatives, priorities, and goals