Havas Formula, an award-winning national public relations agency, with offices in New York, Chicago, Miami, Los Angeles and San Diego, is looking for an Account Executive in join out Chicago team.
You must have 3 years of PR Agency experience. The Account Executive fosters media relationships to ensure client coverage and acts as creative contributor on accounts. Typically, the AE will contribute to 4 to 6 accounts.
Media | Influencer Relations
- Top tier media placements each month
- At least 1 placement per month for each assigned vertical category per client
- At least 1 non-digital hit per month
- 2-3 tier 1 national business placements per quarter
- Develops creative pitches for clients that helps garner press coverage
- Monitors headlines to track trends and identify opportunities for clients
- Supports development of and executes influencer campaigns/outreach
- Staffs media interviews with clients
- Researches client speaking opportunities, industry awards, and competitor analysis
- Maintains consistent contact with all clients to support account lead
- Often acts as point person for calls
- Attends client meetings, brainstorms, and planning sessions
- Shares proactive ideas to take to the client & contributes to sections of annual client recaps
Writing | Editing
- Writes bylined articles, creative briefs, award and speaking submissions
- Writes press releases, creative pitches, event/launch strategy docs, and other client communications
Junior Staff | Mentoring
- Manages division Intern program
- Provides junior staff with guidance and serves as a mentor and problem solver
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (communications, liberal arts, business or marketing focus preferred)
Experience: 3 years of public relations experience in an agency setting
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong writing (AP style), editing, listening and verbal communications skills.
- Resourceful and solutions focused.
- Capable of multitasking, prioritizing and organizing.
- Effectively manages time and follow up.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and use | development of media databases.
- Understands evolution of PR in the digital world. Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences.
- Has experience in influencer marketing and social media.
- Strong story-teller with the ability to articulate brand narrative.
- Good leadership qualities and proven ability to lead by example.
- Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment.
- Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details.