Media Trading Manager (Programmatic) - O2, Paypal, Kia, BBC and LG
Reporting To: Programmatic Trading Director
Office Location: HKX Building, 3 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
We are Havas UK. Our mission is to create meaningful connections between people and brands to drive business success with one vision, one voice and one P&L. Havas is the only truly integrated marketing and communications company in the UK.
A multi-disciplinary offering, all united under one leadership, all in one building. Advertising, media, data and technology, digital, social, mobile, CRM, UX, sports and entertainment, public relations, corporate communications, healthcare, design, research, employer branding and recruitment. Clients can select one, some, or all of these services depending on their needs, via one Havas business lead.
Havas has invested heavily in developing the best in Programmatic – both from a talent and technology perspective – and it represents one of the fastest growing business units in the entire Havas Group network. There is an established trading presence in over 35 countries where we operate programmatic digital advertising campaigns for some of the words leading online brands. Our market leading approach to programmatic buying, substantial and cutting-edge technological infrastructure and established client portfolio enable us to be at the forefront of the Programmatic landscape.
This is an exciting position as a Programmatic Trading Manager within the Programmatic Hub, the Trading Desk for Havas Media Group. You’ll be working across some of our most prestigious accounts such as O2, Paypal, Kia, BBC and LG, and is the perfect role for someone with a strong trading background looking for the balance of personal development and managerial responsibilities.
Our Trading Managers are given the autonomy to trade and deliver campaigns that exceed KPIs for our Clients. Their outstanding programmatic knowledge is applied not only to campaign execution and optimisation but also contribute to the wider team; helping to develop the programmatic skills of those more junior as well as working on progressive innovative ideas with fellow Managers in the Senior Trading team.
They are responsible for the management and development of up to 4 Traders within their pod. They are enthusiastic in building a strong culture of collaboration and support, playing a key role in our extensive training programme; delivering basic parts with the Trading team as well as being involved in more advanced training to help their own development in an ever-changing landscape.
They have a wide network of specialist support within the rest of Hub - across Trading, Planning and Supply - and report into the Trading Leadership. They will work with Programmatic Directors to shape and deploy new trading initiatives, providing essential feedback and ideas. They will also liaise closely with Programmatic Planning and the Digital Client teams on campaign performance or programmatic approaches.
The role is perfect for someone who has a strong background in trading and is looking to take their career to the next step, managing junior traders whilst being supported to drive their own trading knowledge. The exposure to clients/client teams can lead to future development opportunities in specialist Programmatic Planning or into wider Digital opportunities, powered with a strong foundation in Trading.
There is a big focus on training & development within the Programmatic Hub team, so candidates will not only be evaluated on their strengths but also their attitude to learning new skills.
What we expect of the person in this role: (base level assumption)
- Frequently trading in key DSPs (including but not limited to DV360, Mediamath, Adobe, AppNexus, Amazon AP, Teads Connect)
- Familiar with optimisation techniques leveraging advanced technology capabilities
- Excellent understanding of Adserver reporting capabilities, attribution and other platforms (including but not limited to Googe CM, Flashtalking, GA360)
- Confident working with programmatic in many forms; desktop, mobile, native, VOD, standard display, rich media and more.
- Working knowledge of audience and campaign forecasting and reporting tools as well as DSP audience insight tools
- Develop and evolve best-in-class client reporting including insightful weekly reporting and commentary as well as meaningful post campaign analysis and feedback
- Continually act as an ambassador for the agency at internal and external events, demonstrating our agency values and lending to the development of a great agency culture.
- Enhance their day to day work with innovation projects within the Programmatic Hub that drive future opportunities
- Be client facing as necessary depending on the needs of specific accounts, as the programmatic trading specialist
- Ability to evaluate performance of more junior members and identify their requirements for development
- Proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
What you will be responsible for:
- Delivery and optimisation of programmatic campaigns for Tier 1 clients with the support of a junior team
- Developing an enhanced level of programmatic knowledge across platforms, technology and vendors
- Working closely with Programmatic Planning on current campaigns and contributing to response to briefs that drive new programmatic approaches, building on audience insights from trading feedback
- Managing day to day workload, and personal development of junior team members who will report into you
- Identifying training & development needs of junior members of the wider team and leading content for sessions where required
- Ownership or active participation on wider programmatic projects within the Programmatic Hub outside of day to day campaigns eg measurement frameworks.
- Actively providing feedback to Programmatic Directors on the prioritisation of ways of working, new product features and capabilities.
- Working across multiple digital media platforms including, but not limited to, Google Marketing Platform, Integral Ad Science, Oracle Audience Platform, etc.
- Weekly reporting and post campaign analysis providing meaningful insights and future opportunities
- Helping to proactively drive and deliver programmatic training internally
Who we’re looking for:
- A natural at working with multiple groups of people.
- You enjoy working autonomously but also within a larger team that work collaboratively.
- You’re open to new ideas and developing your trading knowledge and thought leadership skills.
- You have passion and curiosity for the industry, and can demonstrate this passion in your output for clients
- Confidence with your own technical knowledge of Programmatic but also just as comfortable in asking for support where needed from other Trading specialists – junior or senior
- 2-3 years previous experience in programmatic trading
- Prior experience of client management and clear communication skills, able to present ideas with conviction and gravitas.
- Strong administration skills and an enthusiastic approach to other more menial aspects of the role.
- Conscientious and takes pride in the quality of your work
- Keen to contribute with ideas on new ways of working or processes that will benefit the wider team and/or agency.