Director of Client Operations
Summary: As the Director of Client Operations, you will be responsible for developing, optimizing and implementing the agency processes (The Way We Work) to produce great work and develop efficiencies by orchestrating seamless integration and delivery across all disciplines. Your mission is to manage for the highest-quality client experience and agency profitability by creating an operational system, designed to control the agency workload management and resource efficiencies across our pre-agreed scopes, while ensuring our work is delivered with flawless execution. This individual will partner with the CCO to ensure that the established agency process is an idea-led operational system that has the right balance of creativity and process to inspire creative ideation.
- Develop the operational process system, “the GPS,” to get the work done.
- Establish and enforce a streamlined workflow agency system to manage client projects.
- Develop and manage new systems and processes to strategically control the workload and resource management, keeping in mind that we are an idea-led creative agency.
- Develop and enforce accountability tools to support the management of the agency workload and resource allocation.
- Lead the project management department of 20+ PMs.
- Partner with the CCO and Director of Creative Services to ensure CCO’s vision is infused into the day-to-day process and work.
- Be the key liaison between agency and clients to assist in the implementation of client and agency pre-agreed processes.
- Develop and monitor agency scoping processes, tools and best practices for developing staffing plans and project scopes.
- Collaborate with CFO and Finance team to integrate timesheet process to scopes (monitor departmental profitability).
- Assist & participate in new business pitches as necessary to help showcase the agency processes process.
- Work closely with the agency leadership from C-suite level to junior teams on how to implement process optimization and integration across all disciplines.
- Help to recruit, hire, and develop staff, and support ongoing departmental training initiatives and resources.
- A minimum of 15+ years of agency operations and project management experience – preferably in a full-service advertising agency setting.
- Experience in the optimization of internal agency processes to be able to impact department’s integration and efficiencies.
- Candidate must be: self-motivated, quick and assertive, extremely detail-oriented and organized, excellent writing and communication skills, calm, collected and collaborative
- Strong acumen in the implementation of Integrated Agency Teams (IAT).
- Ability to implement agency processes process, not only at the agency’s headquarters but also at satellite or sister offices.
- Preferably candidate will possess some sort of project management certification.