Mobile Graphic Designer
Havas delivers strategy, visioning, design, and development services for projects in a wide range of industries. The Toronto office is looking for an experience architect to join our team, working on experience strategy, design, content, and usability.
Candidates with strong mobile design experience are preferred, but other UX design backgrounds will be considered.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive and engaging mobile and web experiences.
- Collaborate to find the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and concept planning by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Develop graphics, illustrations, logos, interaction designs and other designs that meet the clients' objectives.
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
- Translate requirements into highly engaging and compelling design concepts.
- Revising a design or project deliverable to meet specifications and amend designs after feedback.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process.
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- Work closely with user experience researchers and strategy teams to develop user research and usability tests
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the design and technical fields.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience
- Skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch (Final Cut Pro, After Effects and InDesign are a plus)
- Experience working with and or creating wireframes.
- Experience with responsive layout grids and best practices
- Have a strong understanding of the development process, with experience working with a development team
- Knowledge of Axure, Visio, Omnigraffle is a bonus
- Knowledge of common smartphone capabilities such as iOS, Blackberry and Android
- Knowledge of common web browser capabilities
- Detail-oriented, with an eye for thoroughness and accuracy
- Must be self-directed and highly motivated with an ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Salary: 45K - 55K
Benefits: Comprehensive medical benefits
Work Location: 473 Adelaide St West, Toronto, ON M5V 1T1
*Please include your portfolio along with one secret talent we should know about when applying for the position.
- Comprehensive Health Beneﬁts
- Fun, open environment
- Enjoy ping pong, foosball, or challenge someone on the Wii
- Breakfast every Wednesday where we enjoy bagels and pastries and share interesting mobile news
- Participate in our innovation lab where we experiment with new mobile technologies and create innovative creation.
We are all about rallying to a common cause: shaping and making experiences that inform and move people. We design stuff, and make sure it can be built (too many strategy documents are dying a slow death on an decommissioned hard drive…), so frequently we build it ourselves. Located in the King and Bathurst neighborhood, we are focused on national with a sprinkling of international clients and operate as part of the Havas global network. Our work environment is informal, eclectic, fast-paced and friendly.
If you see yourself in this job description and you are interested in an opportunity in an entrepreneurial and agile environment, then please get in touch.