Strategy Director (CPG)
Summary: Charged with leading both the planning/strategy process and building the agency intelligence. To lead the client and the management of their brand, acting as the “conscience” of the brand while leading all strategic development on the clients business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and own “thought leadership” role within the agency: culturalist, development designer, research innovator, etc. The management and development of all planners working on the business.
- Management and execution of all creative projects – brief to presentation – across media and within the brand idea.
- Identify and foster department and team members’ opportunities for growth, proactively managing the team.
- Identify and foster growth opportunities for the growth and expansion of the business.
- To translate insight into brand ideas and subsequent management of idea with client.
- To be the research expert on the business, managing and overseeing all research projects.
- Compelling written and verbal presentation skills and style.
- Clear ability to see communicate and implement on brand level.
- Ability to present in a manner that influences and leads others around a great idea.
- Ability to manage people and projects.
- Generates and supports strong opinions on what is right.
- To be main liaison and consultant to client on all brand matters.
- A positive, proactive and INFLUENTIAL relationship with all clients.
- Unquestionable ability to influence, find and lead others around a great idea.
- Is deemed crucial for too many meetings.
- Creates magic and stimulates magic from others.
- Comfortable with the “Buck stop”.
- Know which battle to fight to win the war.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience working on CPG highly desired
- 10+ years of planning experience at a creative agency or on a creative brand showing clear and consistent contributions to long term strategic brand vision, the brand idea and creative.
- Proven thought leadership on high profile and brands.
- Proven ability to work with creative teams of the highest level and seniority.
- Proven quantitative research experience and qualitative research experience (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills) with an ability to see and adapt insights.
- Innate curiosity to want to understand people, culture and the world, overall, and, most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick.
- Is passionate about great creative, been part of its creation and able to talk about it.
- Proven ability to recognize and create magic and knows what to do with it.
- Seeks out opportunity and challenge.
- Embodies Havas values
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.