Account Manager Digital - Gaming
TARGET MEDIA The HKX Building, 3 Pancras Square, London, N1C 4AG
DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER – GAMES DIVISION
Established in 1990, Target Media is a UK media agency offering media strategy, planning and buying. Our exceptional client service, thinking and delivery is based on innovation, accountability and producing tangible business results. Recently acquired by Havas Media Group, Target sits as their entertainment hub with nearly 80% of the agency’s billings coming from the film and games sectors. We plan and advise on optimal media investment levels, and provide innovative and efficient media solutions across all channels. Our people are our competitive advantage – smart, intuitive, empowered, enthusiastic, and experienced – and unparalleled client service is hard-wired into our working culture. It is a service that other agencies simply cannot match and is recognised on a global level.
Digital Account Manager
Reporting to the division head, the candidate will be a Digital Account Manager working across the gaming sectors. This team at Target Media covers the entire gaming portfolio, alongside some toy brands however the focus initially will be with Bethesda; the largest of Target Media’s clients, planning and implementing campaigns across European markets.
The position requires a minimum of 3 years working within a media agency environment. We need an enthusiastic and pro-active candidate who is accustomed to the pressures and quick turnarounds of digital media. The candidate should showcase specific skills and experience relating digital media buying and planning and must show a proficient level of knowledge in self-service platforms such as Facebook Business Manager; Google Adwords; Sizmek; Double Click.
Due to the nature of our agency and business, the candidate must have effective communication skills; able to multi-task to an exceptional level; good organisational skills and understand that a high level of service to our clients is expected. An additional benefit would be experience in the entertainment industries and/or a passion for entertainment; gaming especially. We would also like prefer a candidate who has experience managing other personnel.
- Primary Focus: Handle multi-territory digital campaign across social, search, video, content and display disciplines.
- Ensure all campaigns are managed and executed to an exceptional standard.
- Work closely with Account team to ensure digital strategy is executed consistently across product launches.
- General Work: Day to day communication of updates and maintenance to both clients and agency departments involved in products.
- Responsibility for digital media going live and being optimised around client KPIs.
- Managing delivery of live campaigns and setting up multiple creative across digital channels
- Anticipating milestones and requirements on live digital campaigns are achievable.
- Reactive to adapt plans when circumstances change (release dates, budgets).
- Negotiate partnerships with media owners.
- Provide reporting and insight on all campaign digital performance.
- Client Service: Presence at clients’ offices on a regular basis to sustain an elevated level of client service and partnership.
- Attending kick-off meetings with all marketing agencies and clients.
- Work with account team to produce strategy and planning bespoke to each international territory.
- Work with account team to present market, competitive and post-campaign analysis.
- Research and help organise media workshops with client marketing departments.
- Ensure weekly round-ups of agency digital work is communicated in a concise and clear way.
- Assisting coordination of creative delivery with account teams and client.
- Occasional international travel for client meetings and attendance of games industry events.
- Agency responsibilities: Ensure communication within internal teams is at an optimum to help with strategy and planning; generate original and innovative digital campaigns ideas and ensure the profile of the games team within the agency is high.
- Attendance of regular game team update meetings.
- Work closely with the Games Account team to deliver social media and content strategies.
- Ensure campaign bookings are logged correctly on the financial systems.
- Present key pieces of work back to the agency.
The gaming industry is one of the most forward-thinking around and is still growing rapidly. All our clients are enthusiastic, talented people that are enjoyable to work with; recognise the time and effort we put into our standard of service and treat us as part of their team. The games industry is full of young, passionate and driven individuals and Target Media is no exception.
We are highly motivated, empowered and innovative in the work we do. We are a company of enthusiasts within the entertainment business that truly enjoy the work we do and the clients we work for. This opportunity allows for the individual not only to be involved with innovation across all sectors and platforms in the digital world but also to work with one of the most innovative and fast-moving industry’s there is.
Our recent acquisition by the Havas Media Group has meant that alongside are entertainment specialism we now have considerable group scale to bolster our profile in the market. We now have a new home in the brand new HKX headquarters in Pancras Sq. (Kings Cross) and can offer the full spectrum of learning, campus training and facilities that come with this.