Senior Presentation Designer
Description of Role:
The Senior Designer role within the Growth Team plays a critical role to create compelling visual communications and ensure brand excellence standards are maintained across a variety of internal and external touchpoints.
The role is part of a fun, inclusive team working to drive meaningful and sustainable growth for the agency here in Chicago. Additionally, the Senior Designer will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of things depending on shifting needs and priorities (e.g. proposals, collateral, and various content marketing activities executed by the Growth Team). In addition to executing initiatives day-to-day/week-to-week, it is expected that the individual in this role will organize the various tasks, dependencies, deadlines, etc., and to help manage the workload as well as execute it.
The ideal candidate has experience working to support new business at an agency or professional services/consulting firm. This role is based in Chicago and reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Provide templates for common document types (i.e. meeting agenda, intro presentations, proposals, etc.) in preferred formats such as Word, PowerPoint, and/or Keynote.
- Support the broader team with some basic training on how to use the various templates and common best practices to help increase proficiency and efficiency.
- Manage and execute a variety of design-oriented projects
- Create custom graphics to help communicate a variety of ideas and concepts visually.
- Capture and follow-up on stakeholders’ feedback to deliver revisions and, ultimately, gain approval on various design deliverables (preferably documenting & tracking via a project mgmt. or task mgmt. tool).
- For multi-day/multi-week projects, capture and document requirements related to the initiative or project.
- Manage project execution against defined timelines and budgets.
- Review final designs for errors and to ensure quality, especially prior to printing or other final deliverable production steps (including leveraging the on-staff proofreaders when appropriate).
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate, and communicate project risks throughout projects the Senior Designer is managing.
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint and Keynote
- Extensive experience creating presentations and other visual communications materials with a diverse team of content creators
- Comfortable using collaboration platforms such as Box, Google Slides, Microsoft Teams, and Office 365
- Proven experience embedding animated GIFs, audio and video files to bring presentations to life
- Additional computer & software skills
- Working knowledge of popular software formats used in business such as Excel, Exchange/Outlook, and Word
- Advanced/expert-user knowledge of software tools used for design such as the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Animation and Website design & development skills a plus
- Creativity and artistic skills
- Ability to think of new approaches to communicating ideas to the intended audience(s)
- Ability to develop unique designs that convey a recognizable meaning
- Ability to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients and consumers.
- Produce rough illustrations of design ideas, either by hand sketching or by using a computer program.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate, interact, and work with all seniority levels within the agency
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable training other team members on basic design and graphic design best practices to make the extended team stronger
- Coordinate of project deliverables with cross-functional teams
- Good time management skills
- Ability to manage time effectively, to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Organize and conduct efficient results-oriented project meetings
- Project management/scope management (basic)
- Analytical skills
- Ability to review work output from the point of view of the end-customer and examine how the designs will be perceived to ensure key message points are conveyed as well as prioritize feedback from design review sessions
- Personal attributes
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews their work carefully
- Problem-solver, hands-on mentality
About Havas Chicago
Havas Chicago is an agency committed to reinvigorating iconic American brands through cultural relevance. We bring an unmatched understanding of Millennials' mindsets and behaviors, and a passion for embracing the emerging trends shaping business and pop culture. Part of Havas Worldwide (Euronext Paris SA: HAV.PA), a leading integrated marketing communications agency and the first to be named Global Agency of the Year by both Advertising Ageand Campaignin the same year, we fuse an independent spirit with global scale, and are united by a shared mission to be the world's best company at creating meaningful connections between people and brands through creativity, media and innovation.