We are looking for an exceptional and experienced senior technical individual to join our team as a Technical Lead to lead a group of software engineers within our software engineering team to build and deliver large-scale native applications and mobile/tablet web sites. As a tech lead on project(s), you would be overlooking the mobile and web design solutions, architectures, development, delivery and developing process to revamp and modernize them through each of the project leads.
You’ll have worked on numerous software projects over the past 3-5 years specifically with native and web applications on mobile platforms iOS and/or Android. You should have recent hands-on experience in a senior role developing for these platforms and some experience in leading / managing teams of ranging sizes. You would be experienced, with strong technical skills, and understand modern methodologies and technologies such as concepts of containerization, micro-services and automation.
In this role you will be responsible for providing technical oversight, inspiring creativity and innovation through technology, architecting and building best-in-class iOS and Android software. The position offers an exceptional growth opportunity for the individual ready to take on the next great challenge of their career.
- Lead mobile development teams through the design and implementation of multiple product initiatives
- Lead software design and architecting of solutions for both native applications, mobile websites, and responsive sites
- Identify development technologies and frameworks that provide advantages in software construction, developer productivity and long-term ROI to the organization
- Coach, motivate and inspire team members to build high performance, stable and maintainable software
- Contribute to new and existing software through code reviews and being hands-on
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand market requirements and to define the right solutions
- Collaborate with QA team to develop solid and efficient testing and automated regression tests
- Stay ahead of the competition on emerging technologies in mobile software development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering or comparable experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience in mobile software development
- In depth knowledge and experience of the following programming languages: Objective-C programming language, C/C++, and Java; and their IDEs: Xcode, Eclipse and Netbeans
- In depth knowledge of iOS and Android operating systems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Comprehensive Health Beneﬁts
- A fun, open environment
- Enjoy ping pong, foosball, or challenge a colleague on the Wii
- Breakfast every week where we enjoy bagels or pancakes and share interesting topics
- Join our Plastic sports team and challenge yourself in sports like volleyball and ultimate frisbee
- Participate in our innovation lab where we experiment with new mobile technologies
Plastic is part of Havas Canada and is a mobile agency dedicated to helping our clients create and launch successful mobile experiences. We exclusively work with companies that are looking to make a difference in the mobile space and make it an integral part of their customers' lives. We specialize in ideating, designing and engineering apps and sites for smartphones, tablets, and devices everywhere for commerce, loyalty, payment, wallets, location-based and transactional branded experiences.
Plastic Mobile is headquartered out of Toronto and New York City powered by the best creative minds, mobile strategists and software engineers designing and building world-class mobile experiences.
Find us on the Web: http://www.plasticmobile.com
Follow us on Twitter @plasticmobile