Havas Formula, a national public relations agency, is seeking is an Account Supervisor to join our New York or San Diego office. The AS role requires a minimum of 5 years of public relations agency experience.
The Account Supervisor adds creative perspective and strategic input on multiple client programs, builds excellent client rapport, ensures client satisfaction and manages a team of professional junior staff. The AS has a full understanding of client needs and applies project management, programming, budgeting, staff leadership and management skills to assignments. The AS is a strategic thinker, creative contributor, and manager of typically 4-6 accounts.
Media | Influencer Relations
- Conducts outreach to top-tier print, broadcast and online media
- Secures editor appointments for clients and 3-5 pieces of tier 1 media coverage a month
- Oversees editorial calendar outreach; delegates assignments & takes accountability for staff performance
- Reviews media databases to ensure efficacy
- Develops creative pitch angles and identifies appropriate media outlets
- Manages client approval process and distribution of communications to media
- Tracks and provides competitive information to client with insight, POV or implication industry/competitive news has on the business/category
- Acts as a senior strategic partner who challenges clients with smart thinking
- Leads daily client communication; attends regular in-person meetings
- Manages weekly/monthly client initiatives, tracking against overall program KPIs
- Fields client requests
- Finalizes client call agendas and participates in regular status calls
- Reviews/edits monthly/quarterly activity and media coverage reports as developed by junior staff
- Ensures client timelines/plans are being implemented and followed
- Oversees development and implementation of quarterly planning calendars
- Identifies and addresses issues before they become problems with client (and staff)
- Helps set realistic expectations with clients by aligning on success metrics prior to campaign/program execution
Staff Management | Mentoring
- Creates “to-do” list for the team based on client initiatives
- Organizes team meetings and tracks team hours on each account
- Helps train employees and acts as a sounding board for junior staff
- Holds team accountable for meeting deadlines and hitting media coverage goals
Writing | Editing
- Edits all press releases, pitch letters and communication materials written by junior team members
- Contributes to the development of client presentations
Events | Campaigns Management
- Drafts event & launch strategy documents
- Manages event executions & campaigns. Ensures all logistics are completed to client standards
- Identifies staffing requirements and is point of contact for event suppliers
- Oversees event budgets and provides regular updates to client on event requirements
- Assists VP and Director with creative ideas for new business proposals
- May attends new business meetings and scouting opportunities (e.g., trade shows)
Bachelor’s Degree (communications, liberal arts, business or marketing focus preferred)
- 5-7 years of relevant PR experience
- Successful track record of developing integrated public relations programs
- Experience in influencer marketing and social media
- Experience managing a team and multiple client accounts
Skills & Abilities Required
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Staff- and client-respected leadership qualities demonstrating proven ability to lead by example.
- Possesses motivational capabilities in a highly pressurized environment.
- Is appropriate, approachable and fair, and creates valued relationships with staff.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a comfort level handling “hot seat” situations.
- Can meet tight deadlines and has an exceptional eye for details.
- Experience managing a team and multiple client accounts.
- Knowledge of when to rely on personal judgment and when to seek advice.
- Solid judgement, drive and influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, passion and intellectual curiosity.
- Must be collaborative and results driven.
- Ability to understand client brand category and landscape in order to deliver creative ideas that resonate with target audiences.