IT – Infrastructure Engineer – London
The role will involve supporting the existing infrastructure including server, storage, network, data and applications as well as project-based work to improve and enhance the infrastructure environment. The infrastructure engineer will have a solid background working within a busy IT team; experience in designing and implementing technical solutions. Depending on projects and tasks the individual may be required to be available outside of normal office hours. In addition, as part of this role the individual will be expected to deal with any system issues as and when they occur.
- Delivering 3rd line support and infrastructure projects.
- Recommending and delivering improved IT infrastructure systems.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Planning and recommending enhancements to ensure that IT capacity meets current and future business requirements in a cost-effective manner.
- Managing IT projects to meet pre-defined objectives.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
The IT Department is made up of a team of 29 which includes 1st and 2nd line Service Desk staff as well as Infrastructure engineers and senior managers.
Most of the IT department is based in London however the role covers supporting all our UK based remote sites. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the IT Senior Management as well the other members of the IT team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle escalated calls from first/second line ServiceDesk.
- Administer and maintain corporate infrastructure, including, but not limited to; servers storage appliances, networking, applications.
- Monitor and Troubleshoot infrastructure issues.
- Administer and monitor backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date.
- Research, recommend, plan and implement infrastructure systems projects.
Technical Skills - Required
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Good knowledge of Linux based Servers.
- Good knowledge / experience of networking protocols and technologies.
- Good knowledge of Firewalls and System Security.
- Good knowledge of Storage systems (Including NetApp)
Technical Skills -Desired
- Knowledge of Citrix / XenApp.
- Microsoft SCCM
- Scripting languages (PowerShell).
- Experience of Automation of IT tasks.
- Good knowledge of Windows 10 workstation.
- Cloud Providers (Azure / AWS / GCP)
- A desire to be part of a team and achieve team goals
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people.
- Strong time management and self-motivation skills.
- Lateral thinking.
- A desire to keep up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices.