VP, Consultant, DBi (Data Strategy and Marketing Technology)
Who is DBi?
DBi is a global group of experts in data driven marketing, automation and optimization We are the combination of 2 areas of consulting expertise: marketing technology and data strategy and we help build meaningful brands and drive business decisions through the use of data, technology and statistics. With expertise across all major marketing technology platforms and the data landscape and a consultative approach to leveraging them, DBi aims to guide clients from the identification of a challenge through to the solution.
The VP Consultant, DBi is responsible for leading, developing and managing all aspects of a Client’s marketing data strategy, marketing data utilization and marketing technology enablement. This includes direct consulting, data management support, data and technology strategy development and implementation. This person is responsible for guiding and helping clients in developing multi-year data strategies and implementing enterprise-wide technology-enabled marketing frameworks and systems. He/she will work with a variety of data sources, technology partners and advanced data/analytics platforms to continuously evolve the client’s marketing effectiveness and ROI across all campaign types. This role reports to the Head of DBi in the US.
What to expect in the role:
- Lead client relationships and serve as a subject matter expert in all areas of marketing data, ad technology and marketing technology
- Provide technical leadership to multiple ongoing client engagements across a variety of tools and technologies
- Lead technology vendor on-boarding which would include ensuring integration of any site analytics, CRM platform, ad server and any other platforms that were determined upon initial scoping.
- Identify and design solutions that solve client challenges and drive business value
- Work both independently and as part of a team and be involved from design to implementation in all phases of data and technology projects.
- Develop a roadmap to leverage structured and unstructured data integrated from multiple sources
- Develop plans and estimates for the implementations of technical solutions
- Help manage business development efforts, both DBi and agency-wide, by brainstorming solutions to client business challenges
- Management, coaching and training of team members
- Be a thought leader in the data and technology space including being aware of business and commercial changes in the industry and advising clients in making informed decisions related to those changes
What you need to have:
- 10+ years in marketing consulting, technology, analytics or related fields
- Must be highly versed in implementing Data Management Platforms (DMPs), tag management systems, web analytics solutions including Adobe Audience Manager, Salesforce DMP, Tealium, Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Must have a good understanding of data modeling, media operations as well as reporting for online advertising, social media, mobile, e-mail campaigns and e-commerce activity.
- Have a track record of implementing operational excellence (process efficiencies, effective tools and technologies) in an analytics function.
- Ability to take business requirements and convert them into a project plan with associated timing and level of effort
- Comfort in managing your own schedule and deadlines and when things get a little crazy, you’re okay with asking for help