Manager, Business Development
Havas Media, one of the fastest growing media agencies in North America, is looking for a Manager, New Business Development to join our Boston office and be part of the team supporting new business pitches.
In this role you will build and maintain strong relationships with the partner agencies (Arnold & Havas) as well as the following:
- New business leaders at Havas Media US and collaborating with VP, Business Development who manages global new business responsibility
- HMG US Specialty discipline leaders and other senior client-facing management
- Pitch consultants where applicable
- Manage/mentor the New Business, Managers and Coordinators within New Business
- Translate broader new business strategy into clear and practical action plans, with identified critical success factors and contingency plans based on anticipated risks and challenges
- Craft and write outstanding RFI / RFP responses and new business proposals. Push boundaries to deliver our work in creative and impactful ways, when appropriate.
- On live pitches, lead the management and co-ordination of the team and the process – assign and delegate work with clear accountabilities and deadlines, monitor progress, and initiate remedial actions if deliverables begin to slip.
- On live pitches, work closely with pitch lead to ensure all materials are on brief and on brand. Work with team to develop content and coach presentation.
- On live pitches, manage relationship with client or consultant, as appropriate.
- Conduct post-pitch assessments and reviews, refine the process so that the organization learns from its mistakes and continuous improvement is realized.
- Seek out opportunities to improve the new business process and operation at HMG Boston through new techniques, tools and technologies.
- Responsible for maintenance of internal pitch reporting via InTouch, weekly status/Google Docs, monthly GAP analysis input, maintaining all final pitch collateral in Agora and on our HMG US servers.
- Regularly communicate new business status and needs to Leadership Team and other relevant stakeholders.
- Capable of managing video production work including ideation of content and project management.
- Proactively manage agency information, i.e. keep agency information up to date, gather current case studies, etc.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience (sales, project management, media, digital)
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written), is a fearless and active participant in group settings, and can interface with all levels of management and personnel both internally and externally
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; equally versatile in professional and creative writing and can adapt tone, style, grammar, vocabulary, etc based on audience
- Understands the value of anticipation and proactivity and actively seeks opportunities to learn, grow, and produce
- Has a strong understanding of the marketing/communications/media sphere with extensive understanding of all aspects of the media process
- Possesses well-honed project management skills – to ensure accurate delivery of projects on schedule
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks
- Displays strong leadership skills that will motivate staff and create a positive and productive work environment
- Incredible attention to detail and double checking data – accuracy is critical
- Ability to work autonomously – self-starter
- Excellent time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
- Handles pressure exceedingly well
- Holds themselves and others to the highest standards of performance
- Comfortable in the grey – can work effectively with incomplete information
- Values finding better ways of doing things
- Highly proficient in MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Word, Keynote
Future Opportunities and Responsibilities
- Maintain consistent and proactive contact and build relationships with pitch consultants and other relevant third parties, who have the ability to influence client choices when drawing up pitch lists, coordinated with NA Business Development leadership for HSE and General market opportunities.
- Maintain a robust pitch pipeline to include active pitches and prospects where change can be predicted (e.g., unhappy incumbent relationship). Research, identify and surface new business opportunities with attendant recommendations on how to move forward