Supervisor, Full Time, Mornings
WHY THE PARKING SPOT | Full Time – Supervisor
Do you enjoy making people happy and making a positive impact on people’s lives? Do you have a friendly and enthusiastic personality and enjoy working in a team environment? If you share our passion for customer service and hospitality, then The Parking Spot is the place for you!
is more than just a space to park your car. We focus on hospitality, making it easy, comfortable and affordable to get a superior airport parking experience. The Parking Spot is the leading near-airport Parking Company with 38+ locations at 21 airports, and over 2,000 employees nationwide.
What sets us apart from our competitors is how we treat our guests and how we take care of our employees. It is our top priority to sustain a collaborative, fun, and family-oriented work environment. This is why we hire the best of the best! As a member of The Parking Spot Team, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a truly supportive atmosphere while receiving great compensation and benefits!
What we offer:
- Training and career development opportunities
- Immediate opportunity to make a large impact!
- Great Benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental and a 401k plan
- Ability to increase your pay with great tips and bonus programs!
- Paid Time Off, Vacation Time, and Paid Holidays
- Flexible schedules
The Parking Spot is looking for a Supervisor!
Pay Rate Starts at $13+ an hour (Plus an opportunity for tips!)
Reports to: General Manager / Assistant Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for parking operations during the morning/weekend shifts. Schedule: Friday - Tuesday
- Overall responsibility for the supervision of all employees within the morning shift or other shifts as needed
- Ensures that employees clock in and perform their duties as required for their shift
- Monitors the maintenance of the facility to ensure that it is clean and maintained according to company standards at all times
- Monitors the safety of vehicles as well as the safety of external and internal customers
- Reports any vehicle accidents or employee injuries as set forth by company policy
- Assists in other capacities and in other departments as needed
- Audits daily work of Cashiers and Drivers
- Keeps bottled water for guests stocked throughout shift
- Must be able to respond accordingly if a shift needs to be filled; this means contacting employees to cover the shift or personally covering the shift
- Complies with all applicable Federal, State, and Local regulations and requirements governing operation of commercial vehicles
- Performs additional duties as reasonably requested by Management, especially during down times
Knowledge, Skills, & Experience Required:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school education or equivalent; some college is preferred
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Good driving record
- Currently holds, or is able to obtain, all applicable licenses or badges as required by governing authorities to operate a commercial vehicle, including a valid driver’s license, and CDL where required
- Must be willing to take a physical and pass as part of the selection process as required by airport, federal DOT and/ or state regulations
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records in compliance with the DOT regulations that require these skills
- Demonstrates cooperative team effort and good interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to assist with luggage
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word is preferred