WHY THE PARKING SPOT | Staff Accountant
The Parking Spot is more than just a space to park your car. We focus on hospitality, making it easy, comfortable and affordable to get a superior airport parking experience. The Parking Spot is the leading near-airport Parking Company with over 38+ locations at 27 airports, and over 2,000 employees nationwide. As a privately held company that has experienced continued growth, we have added 11 facilities within the past 5 years.
The Parking Spot has a culture and atmosphere that endorses the principles of teamwork and integrity with a small business feel. As a member of The Parking Spot Team, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a truly supportive environment while receiving great compensation and benefits!
What we offer:
• Career development and growth opportunities
- Ability to gain exposure to all areas of the business
- Great benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental and a 401k plan
- Team oriented, fun and friendly work environment
- Immediate opportunity to make a large impact!
Position Summary: This individual will play an integral role in the monthly closing process for all operating locations. Following the monthly close, a detailed review of all balance sheet and bank accounts is required. The individual will also play a significant role in assisting Management in resolving additional accounting issues and preparing special projects as needed.
- Monthly close, including journal entries (accruals, adjustments, etc.) and financial statement review
- Monthly review of general ledgers to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Interacting and assisting the field property managers with the financial management of each property
- Ongoing review and approval of property-level invoices
- Communicate with field management team to understand operational activity at each property
- Balance sheet account analysis, which includes current assets, current liabilities, fixed assets, and intercompany accounts
- Use Infor software to improve closing process and to develop more useful financial statements and reports
- Assist Management in streamlining closing process to meet required deadlines, including more efficient use of spreadsheets and better organization of accounting information
- Partner with IT to ensure all revenue controls are working properly
- Help to fine-tune internal audit program at TPS facilities with the goal of traveling to each property once per year
- Assist with annual budget process for all 38 operating entities being managed by the company
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from four-year college or university.
- One to two years related experience and/or training
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills
- Database management knowledge is a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills