About The Institutes and the Insurance Information Institute
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2023, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the eighth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Founded in 1960, the Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I) provides objective, fact-based information about insurance while also being a trusted source of unique, data-driven insights which inform and empower consumers. Triple-I strives for people to have the information they need to make educated decisions, manage risk, and appreciate the essential value of insurance. More than 60 insurance company members support Triple-I, including nine of the 10 largest writers of property/casualty insurance in the United States. Its focus is to create and to disseminate information; and it neither lobbies on behalf of the insurance industry sell insurance directly.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Research Analyst to join the Triple-I team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for conducting research and providing support to the Economics and Analytics department. If you're passionate about economics and looking to make an impact, we would love to meet you!
- Assisting in the acquisition, preparation, and modeling of macroeconomic, financial, insurance, and extreme weather data.
- Assisting in the creation of data visualizations (charts, graphs, tables, related assets) for written reports, oral presentations, and Power Point presentations.
- Researching and writing internal and client briefs covering macroeconomics, financial, insurance, and extreme weather timely topics.
- Providing research and support for industry webinars, podcasts, and social media content about economics, political economy, insurance and extreme weather.
- Perform quality control including data accuracy, proofreading, and visualization.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, political economy, or related field required.
- One to two years’ work experience in economics, political economy or related field required.
- Prior experience using Excel for economic, political economy, or related field analytics.
- Prior experience creating economic or related presentations in PowerPoint.
- Prior experience using Excel and Power Point generating to generate data visualizations
- Insurance industry experience is a plus.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage