Billing & Operations Specialist
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
Established in 2007 and a member of The Institutes since 2018, the CLM is the largest membership-based organization dedicated to meeting the professional development and networking needs of claims and litigation management professionals in the property and casualty insurance industry. With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
Billing & Operations Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated, detail-oriented and collaborative candidate to join our CLM team as the Billing and Operations Specialist. This role is responsible for overseeing the billing and collection of funds for the Administration, Sales and Advertising Departments. In addition, this role is responsible for tasks that support the Compliance and Advertising Teams. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to maintain a positive business relationship between the CLM Sales Team and their Clients, CLM membership, external partners and any other parties with whom CLM maintains a business relationship. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines are essential in this multi-role position. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll be Doing:
- Facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization by preparing and sending invoices and bill reminders and making collection calls to outstanding accounts.
- Responsible for processing and monitoring incoming payments and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Provides the Sales, Publication, and Management teams follow up and updates on their clients as it relates to payments, CLM Publications specs, advertisements and sponsorships.
- Generate financial reports detailing accounts receivable status; identify and resolve client billing complaints, inquiries, and follow up and report status of delinquent accounts.
- Generate the monthly report and verify commissions for Sales Team payouts.
Continuing Education Compliance
- Enter course offerings to all state websites within state specified deadlines.
- Update spreadsheets to track state approvals and upload the course data to the CLM website.
- Perform the Instructor Packet submissions and follow through to ensure receipt of completed forms to comply with state instructor approval requirements.
- Provide CE/CLE filing and reporting support to the Compliance Specialists, as needed.
- Serve as back-up to maintain courses and provider renewals.
- Provide assistance to the Sales Team & Ad Designer to coordinate the scheduling of advertising into each of the company’s print & Digital publications, eNewsletters and online advertising. This includes tracking down all Ad material by Ad deadlines and working with Ad Designer to make sure the Ads meet appropriate specs.
- Manage Ad sales tracking tools and report.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or higher; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years’ of customer service and administrative experience required.
- Basic understanding of and ability to apply basic accounting principles, collection regulations and The Institutes/CLM policies.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) required.
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage