Chapter Operations Coordinator
About CPCU Society and The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
The CPCU Society, an affiliate of The Institutes, is an international membership association supporting risk management and insurance professionals. The CPCU Society provides members with networking and knowledge opportunities that individuals need to get ahead and achieve their goals.
Chapter Operations Coordinator
We are looking for a collaborative team player who works well in a fast-paced and changing environment to join our CPCU Society team. In this role you’ll manage the administrative member, chapter and volunteer leader service that support CPCU Society initiatives. If you’re eager to join a collaborative and culture-driven team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Build collaborative relationships and provide proactive, member first service to CPCU Society members and volunteer leaders.
- Oversee chapter compliance with third-party contractor and chapter volunteer leaders to ensure corporate compliance with state and/or federal requirements.
- Partners with Society team to communicate and provide guidance and interpretation to volunteer leaders on Society policies, procedures and best practices.
- Communicate and guide volunteer leaders to effective utilization of resources and tools available to them.
- Responsible for oversight and implementation of various chapter initiatives including but not limited to: tracking and reporting of Circle of Excellence program, chapter website support, tracking and invoicing for D&O insurance and annual statutory representation and corporate filings.
- Identify and develop tool kits/solutions for chapters training, member recruitment, and member retention needs.
- Coordinate with Society’s online Job Board, Marketplace vendors and internal team to ensure optimum utilization and promotion of resources available to members.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a customer service or client-facing role.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint required.
- Prior experience in a not-for-profit or membership associate is a plus.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25-mile walking path!