Junior Business Analyst - Research
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes were named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Junior Business Analyst - Research
We have an exciting opportunity for a data-driven, analytical thinker to join our RiskStream Collaborative team! In this entry-level role, you’ll assist in the development of products, conducting market research, collaborating with working groups and documenting product requirements. You’ll also support the team by providing quantitative analysis and research to assist in strategy development. If you’re eager to join a collaborative and innovative team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Maintains a holistic viewpoint across all use cases and products. Leads and/or participates in working groups and works with stakeholders to determine customers' needs. Works with Junior Business Analyst - Insurance to identify related market information to create formal analyses and identify areas for improvement.
- Effectively communicates with key stakeholders influencing them to support proposed strategies, process improvements and operational decisions
- Maintains documentation regarding various projects, processes, and operations
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products based on an analysis of the size of the market, the piece of the market that our products satisfy, etc.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts using industry data; preparing special reports and analyses, answering questions and requests
- Uses external and internal data to create models, showcasing member benefits in adopting various products or joining the RiskStream Collaborative, as well as the benefits to the consortium in growing the RiskStream member network.
- Creates analytical dashboard for member viewing; works with VP RiskStream and Directors of Products to write and create detailed reports
- Collaborates with The Institutes’ research team to produce member-wide surveys; provides an analysis of the data obtained
- Works with Product Management Team to gather, review and analyze business and industry data to create a market analysis.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with relationship managers and evaluating results.
- Helps RiskStream attract new members by working closely with RiskStream staff to create return-on-investment analyses.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a focus in economics, statistics or another analytical field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability for understanding business problems, quantifying solutions and writing research reports.
- Experience testing and mapping various business processes and protocols required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of research projects while managing multiple initiatives. Both product-oriented projects, and occasionally business-oriented projects.
- Capability to influence and instill credibility in sponsors and peers by meeting project milestones, deadlines, and budgets.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, etc.) and Visio required. Experience with analytical tools, like Tableau or R, is a plus.
- Familiarity with industry technology systems to gather data and problem solve
- Excellent oral and written communication, and problem-solving skills
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be legally authorized to work without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or anytime in the future.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path!
Role is hybrid with at least two days each week in the office. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA at least two days per week.