Head of Marketing and Communications
About The CLM
Established in 2007 and a member of The Institutes since 2018, the CLM is the largest membership-based organization dedicated to meeting the professional development and networking needs of claims and litigation management professionals in the property and casualty insurance industry. With membership nearing 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is a vibrant and active community of professionals who collaborate to improve their own knowledge, network with their colleagues, and establish industry best practices.
CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources. CLM is based in Plantation, Florida, outside Ft. Lauderdale, but this is a remote role.
Head of Marketing & Communications
We are seeking a strategic and innovative marketing leader to continue to drive success at The CLM. The Head of Marketing & Communications is responsible for leading, managing and directing the marketing strategy for CLM. We’re looking for someone with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to innovate and collaborate. By joining the CLM, you will be part of a collaborative team that welcomes new thoughts and ideas. If you’re ready to experience success with us, we would love to meet you!
This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all marketing communications activities. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee all communication activities, both internal and external.
- Manage any needed change management communications, both internal and external.
- Direct all marketing activities related to membership, events, sponsorships, and other related initiatives.
- Use research and data to direct and evaluate marketing activities and report key performance indices on events and social media to management team.
- Oversee all social media to ensure a consistent brand voice and message.
- Oversee content and structure of organization’s website.
- Contribute to production of all show aspects of large CLM events including AV, speakers, staging, and flow to ensure the brand is well represented.
- Direct all on-site branding activities at CLM events.
- Participate in design of virtual event production to connect CLM Members and Fellows with industry customers consistent with CLM brand.
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Lead, coach and mentor the CLM Marketing team to achieve performance and exceed goals.
- Support the organization’s vision and values personally and among staff.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field required.
- 15 or more years’ experience in marketing/communications leadership with proven track record of success.
- Experience in the insurance and/or claims/litigation management/legal industries preferred.
- Membership association experience preferred.
- Strong and clear communicator focused on driving business objectives and managing the brand message.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Ability to analyze and use data to make strategic decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong executive presence. Proven ability of reaching a variety of audiences using multiple communication platforms.
- Analytical and visionary skills to contribute to the organization’s strategic direction.
- Flexibility to lead through changing internal and external dynamics.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Must be a collaborative leader who works well with peers, senior executives and staff.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple efforts while guiding staff on priorities as well.
- Proven experience as a leader who can build trust and discretely manage confidential information.
- Customer-service focused attitude for all the constituents served and ability to foster that attitude in others.
- Hard worker who faces challenges with a positive, analytic, results-oriented approach.
The Best Part? The Benefits! To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage