Director of Subject Matter Experts
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Director of Subject Matter Experts
The Institutes are the leader in delivering professional development solutions for risk management and property casualty insurance professionals throughout their careers. With our continued focus on application-based course development, The Institutes are seeking a relationship builder to establish and maintain a network of contributing risk and insurance professionals. The Director of Subject Matter Experts is responsible for connecting subject matter experts with internal content teams to create new application-based courses and other educational content at The Institutes. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in the risk management or property-casualty insurance industry.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Identifies industry trends and timely topics that our audiences need by working with key internal stakeholders including Enterprise Research, Content Development, Sales, and Marketing
- Matches identified topic needs with individuals in the risk management and insurance industry who have the relevant subject matter expertise and/or required thought leadership
- Serves as the primary filter to evaluate SMEs for a variety of possible roles, including thought leadership on specific course development, expert content review; presentation and content development skills, using TI's established repeatable SME evaluation process
- Maintains, grooms, and grows a database of SMEs with identified areas of expertise and capabilities, serving as manager of these external resources
- Shepherds external SMEs, including knowledge contributors, writers, and presenters, through TI production processes
- Works with cross-functional teams and departments within The Institutes to provide content for various course development purposes
- Champions The Institutes brand, affiliates, and strategic partners
- Manages budgets and forecasts with a focus on ROI
- Engages in ongoing professional development necessary in order to support essential responsibilities above.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Eight or more years of experience in risk management or property-casualty insurance industry
- MS office skills
- Familiarity with TI content and customers
- CPCU Designation preferred
- Experience presenting to internal and external audiences
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern- free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!
Role is remote currently and for the near future.