Senior Content Writer
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Director of Content Development
The Institutes are committed to providing customer-first innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. We are seeking a Senior Content Writer who is passionate about making an impact through creating engaging and innovative content for adult learners. In this role, you will collaborate in the conception and implementation of online educational products that explain insurance, risk management, sales, and other business-related concepts through a variety of deliveries, including scripted videos, recorded interviews with experts, and interactions. Come help us transform the way we educate and deliver knowledge to risk and insurance industry professionals! If you are an experienced content developer capable of conveying complex ideas in imaginative ways to todays’ audience and thrive in a team-oriented environment, we’d love to speak with you!
- Creates or revises Learning Objects (LOs) by: analyzing the characteristics and needs of the audience; assessing the suitability of educational objectives (EOs) and outlines; developing the content, which may include video scripts, text, digital assets, and online interactions
- Develops in-module application questions, discussion board questions, and supplemental course material.
- Responds to student queries about content-related issues.
- Facilitates or serves on learning object development product teams.
- Maintains and expands subject matter expertise in risk management and insurance content as well as methods of content delivery.
- Participates on Institutes teams as member, leader, or facilitator, as assigned.
- Helps prepare and review other educational materials as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Five or more year’s journalistic and/or technical writing experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn complicated subjects, and then write about them in an engaging way.
- Experience producing a wide range of content (articles, textbooks, course content, blogs, etc) for a variety of different audiences, with a focus on the adult learner.
- Risk management and insurance subject matter expertise a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern- free breakfast and lunch every day!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path!