Membership Engagement Manager
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization headquartered in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
Membership Engagement Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Membership Engagement Manager to join our team! In this role, you’ll be responsible for growing the CLM membership base, increasing engagement and developing the strategy to maintain existing partner organizations by building strong, lasting relationships with external organizations. This position provides the primary “voice of the member” perspective and will collaborate with the Marketing Communications team to execute membership communications. If you’re a customer-focused strategic thinker, we’d love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Develops and implements strategies to increase membership and engagement among current and new CLM Members and Fellows in all categories.
- Actively identify and create a business development plan to add new partners to the Corporate Fellow and Member firm program.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding the annual growth goals and revenue for the membership program.
- Develops timely reporting for CLM leadership to monitor and track membership performance.
- Continually monitors effectiveness of membership marketing initiatives and reports results and recommendations to ensure set goals are accomplished.
- Manages CLM Corporate Fellow Program to ensure engagement, tracks and reports usage, and promote program to new companies.
- Acquires expertise in all matters relative to CLM’s member services and provides full back-up, including member and fellow approvals, membership upgrades, and member support, as needed.
- Assists with the development of CLM strategies to increase engagement for events, webinars and other CLM products.
- Oversees the annual renewal process for all member types.
- Drives recommendations for technology enhancements needed for appropriate membership management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or related field required.
- Two to five years’ experience in a similar position, with demonstrated membership sales/business development experience and an understanding of marketing strategies
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook) and general office technology
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage