Event & Education Programming Specialist
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization headquartered in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
About The CLM
With membership of 50,000, CLM connects claims and litigation management professionals, outside counsel, and industry service providers. CLM is well known for its best-in-class conferences, robust committees and local chapters, two magazines, digital content, and a wide variety of other industry resources.
Event & Education Programming Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for an Event & Education Programming Specialist to support deliverables for the education component of CLM’s conferences and other offerings – both live and virtual. In this role, you’ll facilitate and coordinate with CLM Committee and Community Chairs to ensure that educational offerings occur, that session presentation materials are received by the deadline, speakers have been assigned and registered, and that CLM’s website is updated with all relevant information. If you have a customer-first mindset and are passionate about educational programing, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Work with assigned Committees/Communities to communicate strategic objectives, coordinate content development schedule and meet established deadlines, i.e. topics and speakers confirmed, receipt of presentation materials and entry of conference related information into the company's website.
- Coordinate the organization’s Committees/Communities in order to collect and review presentation materials, including content for CE and/or CLE accreditation by the state agencies, and ensure materials meet company and state guidelines.
- Communicate expectations with Committee members and share survey and program evaluations
- Schedule and facilitate all Committees/Communities related conference calls.
- Work with all Committees/Communities to coordinate and manage their work: writing articles for CLM magazines, preparing and presenting webinars, and presenting at conferences.
- Schedule Committees/Communities webinars, posting them on the appropriate websites, and providing support to the webinar moderator.
- Maintain detailed records (usually on an Excel spreadsheet) of each assignment Committee/Communities’ deliverables, including deadlines and status of completion.
- Support organizational strategic initiatives and goals to achieve desired departmental results.
- Demonstrate urgency and high-level of customer service by handling a high volume of emails; and, read and reply to emails and telephone calls within 24 hours or as the urgency of the matter dictates.
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in developing educational content or programming in a client-facing role preferred.
- Learning and development experience in adult education preferred.
- General understanding of the insurance industry with emphasis on claims resolution and litigation management is a plus.
- Candidate must possess a higher than average level of proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet research, and general office technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative and customer service-oriented environment at a fast pace.
- Experience working with internal and/or external groups to effectively coordinate and complete complex projects within strict timeframes.
- High sense of urgency, strong organizational skills and be exceptionally detail oriented with superior ability to multitask in a deadline driven environment.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage