Chief of Staff
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes were named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Chief of Staff
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chief of Staff (CoS) to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for managing various projects, streamlining strategic initiatives, and executing day-to-day projects and activities. The CoS is a multitalented professional, wearing many hats and handling many responsibilities. No job is too big or too small for the CoS. This role’s focus is to make time, information, and decision processes more effective. If you have got an eye for detail and are looking to join a culture-driven team, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Reports to the Executive Vice President (EVP) serving as an integral member of the EVP’s staff, providing research, validation and/or execution of day-to-day and project activities.
- Develops and monitors reports on metrics, performance, financials and other KPIs.
- Leads, manages, oversees, and/or supports special projects under the guidance of the EVP and/or Business Unit (BU) leadership team. This may include exploring new business ideas and/or partnership opportunities.
- Serves as trusted advisor to EVP, engaging in problem solving as needed. Anticipates needs and requests as early as possible.
- Builds and develops relationships with employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness for existing operations, and helps to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects.
- Works with EVP and BU leadership team to develop and coordinate organizational performance as it relates to execution of business unit strategic plans over short and long term.
- Supports the development of agendas and materials and other meetings/presentations/communications involving EVP, working closely with Director of Executive Administration.
- Manages and supports BU leadership team communications and interactions; coordinates agendas for cross BU or cross functional meetings; and handles follow up notes, documentation or further requests.
- Optimizes EVP time and calendar in cooperation with Director of Executive Administration. Ensures EVP preparation for important meetings and presentations. Represents EVP before external groups and on meetings/calls when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience required.
- Strong project leadership, communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- 2 plus years of experience in a Chief of Staff or similar leadership role preferred.
- Proven ability to articulate business strategies and formulate concise solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and implementing operational improvements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must possess the ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience and/or working knowledge of the risk management or commercial insurance industry preferred.
- Experience in a membership organization or other not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (Office 365, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path!
Role is hybrid with at least two days each week in the office. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA at least two days per week.