Senior Research Analyst
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2021, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the sixth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Senior Research Analyst, Insurance Research Council
As an affiliate of The Institutes, the Insurance Research Council (IRC) is an independent, nonprofit research organization that provides timely and research, examining important public policy matters that affect insurers, customers and the general public. We are seeking a motivated and analytical individual to join the IRC team as Senior Research Analyst. The Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for recommending, designing, and leading research projects. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our culture-driven environment, we would love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Act as lead researcher on IRC research projects and, if appropriate, coordinate the work of other IRC staff assigned to work on those projects.
- Design research project plans on assigned research topics. Each plan shall include: 1) a detailed statement of the research question or hypothesis; 2) a plan for the collection and analysis of relevant data; and 3) a schedule for preparation of the final research report.
- Deliver presentations summarizing IRC research. Each presentation shall be designed to meet the specific needs and requirements of the audience involved, and to maximize understanding of the research findings and how they relate to current public policy issues.
- Collaborate and act as technical expert/sounding board on research within IRC and other departments at The Institutes.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, business, economics, or the social sciences required; advanced degree preferred.
- Five or more years conducting quantitative public policy research involving the collection and analysis of original data.
- Five or more years utilizing SPSS or similar statistical software.
- Five or more years experience writing research articles or reports and delivering presentations of research results.
- Five or more years working in an academic or business organization; insurance industry experience strongly preferred.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Our Malvern, PA location features free lunch when working on campus, a beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path, and free on-site fitness center!