Marketing Content Strategist
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes were named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Marketing Content Strategist
The Marketing Content Strategist is responsible for the development, execution, and optimization of data-driven digital marketing programs in support of growing The Institutes’ core business with a primary focus on B2B (corporate) efforts, as well as supporting B2C (student) marketing efforts. This role is responsible for creating messaging strategies, strategic B2B sales enablement, and marketing strategies to capture, convert and retain corporate customers and students, and for creating meaningful and actionable analysis of program performance.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and implement strategic digital marketing programs, primarily in support of B2B marketing and sales efforts, with a secondary focus on B2C and brand marketing programs. Establish realistic KPIs focused on enterprise business goals, B2B and B2C personas, and marketing mix.
- Collaborate with the sales team to develop original B2B marketing and sales enablement tools, including support of product launches and releases, that reinforce core persona messages and value. Tools may include digital outreach, messaging, presentations, and/or meeting and event support.
- Partner with sales to support large customer’s unique needs and messaging. Liaison with corporate customer’s communications, training and development teams as needed.
- Develop a deep mastery of the B2B and B2C customer journey, obtaining insights into everything that helps drive adoption, retention, and advocacy; educate the organization on these learnings as well as the overall journey
- Actively track, measure, interpret and optimize results to improve activity and campaign performance
- Leverage/apply competitive insights, research findings, program results, industry trends, and customer learnings to optimize strategic and tactical marketing.
- Accurately and effectively manage budget and plan forecasting, with a focus on budget allocation based on results and high opportunity areas
- Closely coordinates activity with marketing and sales counterparts and other departments as needed
- Serve on cross functional teams on an ongoing basis
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for
The ideal candidate brings a collaborative and strategic focus to the role. You understand and can translate high level vision and business goals into executable marketing programs. You work well across various departments/teams, understand sales and marketing collaboration opportunities, and have very strong written, verbal and digital communication skills. You have experience with marketing automation systems, marketing analysis, creative process management, and Google Analytics and Adwords reporting. Experience working with HubSpot and Drupal a plus; marketing writing experience a must.
- 5+ years practical digital marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree a plus
- Experience managing vendors/contractors required
- Experience with project management and reporting
- Experience with marketing analytics and data analysis
- B2B marketing experience required
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage