eCommerce Marketing Manager
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2019, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the fifth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
eCommerce Marketing Manager
Focused on developing and managing The Institutes’ core eCommerce experience, this is the perfect opportunity for an innovative, data-driven digital marketer with a background in managing web experiences. Day-to-day you’ll leverage data to continually improve the overall user experience, collaborate with stakeholders on lead gen growth strategies, and work with our tech team to ensure site standards and optimization. It’s an exciting time at The Institutes as our business continues to transform—if you’re confident your experience is a match, we’d love to speak with you!
- Oversee day-to-day website operations for The Institutes core business unit, including website communications strategy, web governance, product placements, writing/editing/proofing content, and updating site assets; is lead of the eCommerce team
- Plan and implement digital merchandising strategies and programs to engage audiences and drive conversions
- Design and implement lead generation approaches; continually optimize approaches and feature areas/offerings
- Assess and improve website search engine optimization (SEO) results and implement SEO best practices, specifically through content maintenance, development, and optimizations
- Develop and implement referral marketing programs, including utilization and optimization of our solution review program
- Evaluate web traffic and metrics to help measure and inform web updates and strategies with a focus on improving the experience based on personas; advise stakeholders on UX best practices and approaches
- Collaborate with IT colleagues to manage and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ensure full compliance on all website and related web properties with all laws and regulations
- Regularly prepare monitoring reports and conduct audits to improve content, site architecture and site functionality; this includes monitoring trends in digital marketing and web best practices, new online platforms and making recommendations on the use of new tools
- Monitor current industry trends to develop guidelines and best practices in web and digital systems
- Manges and develops an eCommerce Analyst; also has budget and forecasting responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5+ years' eCommerce and digital merchandising experience
- Management experience required
- Strong knowledge of ADA compliance; certification in ADA compliance preferred
- Experience researching, recommending and implementing digital transformation platforms
- Strong understanding of SEO, social media, mobile applications, and related technology
- Experience building websites using a Content Management System (Drupal preferred)
- Knowledge of front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, Semantic Markup; and back-end technologies such as PHP and MySQL
- Experience with Google Analytics and Adwords reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented cross-departmental environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with analyzing and synthesizing website and digital tool analytics.
- Ability to develop realistic budgets and budget forecasts
- Ability to understand a high-level vision/business goals and translate that vision into executable web and digital marketing programs and associated campaigns
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern- free breakfast and lunch every day!
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center
- A beautiful 1.25-mile-long walking path!
The role is remote currently, and for the near future.