General Maintenance Mechanic
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
General Maintenance Mechanic
Are you a maintenance professional who is self-motivated, and has a strong service attitude? Then we have the job for you! The Institutes are seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Mechanic in Malvern, PA. This position creates value by performing repairs, completing work orders, and general preventative maintenance. We have several perks that you can take advantage of as an employee such as free lunch from our onsite chef, onsite fitness center, and comprehension benefits- including a 401K match up to 16%. If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you and you’re confident your experience is a match, we’d love to speak with you!
- Perform maintenance and repair in areas of carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, roofing, masonry, minor landscaping (assist with grass cutting).
- Assesses repairs needed and estimates time required for repairs (including evaluating problems to determine whether or not professional assistance or further instruction is needed in order to complete task/repair).
- Test wells to ensure water is safe.
- Monitors alarms on weekends to ensure problems are quickly addressed
- Clears driveways, parking lots and sidewalks of snow.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Assist with landscape equipment repairs/ maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Buildings & grounds manager or others in the chain of command.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years’ experience with Basic plumbing, electrical, and mechanical repair knowledge
- Strong service attitude.
- Ability to work in adverse working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Non-traditional work hours may be required on an emergency, pre-scheduled, or project basis.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path!
This position is on-site 5 days a week in our Malvern, PA office.