Vice President, Human Resources
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes have been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2023, The Institutes were named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the eighth time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Vice President, Human Resources
The VP, Human Resources is responsible for leading the Human Resources department. The position is responsible for overseeing the successful development and implementation of human resources for The Institutes according to and in support of the organization’s business strategy. Specifically, areas of focus for this role are in culture, engagement, talent management, integration of new companies, organizational design, performance management, compensation and benefits.
This role requires someone who embodies The Institutes’ five core values: Do the right thing, put the customer first, do what you say, work together and be innovative. This role is seen as a leader in The Institutes’ enterprise to ensure employees behaviors and decisions are focused on living the five values on a daily basis.
- Leads the activities of the Human Resources department and develops the strategic human resources plan. The plan will understand The Institutes’ business strategy and the human resource needs at the appropriate time.
- Recommend strategies and plans that support the future strategic needs of the organization and ongoing succession planning including overseeing the performance management process.
- In collaboration with the CFO and CEO, leads the culture initiative. Actively shapes the culture and leads the company to rally around the vision; consistently promotes and exhibits behaviors within core values.
- Continuously evaluate and improve employee engagement and employee branding.
- Participate in Mergers, Acquisitions and Affiliations, including due diligence. Work may include but is not limited to determining fit within the organization, due diligence, negotiations, and implementation. Upon affiliation, work with all brands to ensure consistency in culture, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight of developing, recommending, monitoring, refining and implementing personnel policies and procedures for the organization. Where applicable, research laws, government rulings and regulations affecting employment and employer/employee relations.
- Responsible for overseeing, evaluating and executing the administration of The Institutes’ salary, compensation, and benefit program. Ensure that salaries and bonuses remain within budget, are competitive and reward based on performance and level of contribution to The Institutes strategy.
- Oversee all phases of employment programs – recruiting, interviewing, screening, evaluating, and recommending applicants in collaboration with the applicable department. Develops and ensures all practices are followed and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Oversee the administration of The Institutes’ compensation, including Payroll, and benefit programs.
- Oversees all employee relations and personnel issues and, when needed, may implement The Institutes response to issues.
- Develop and mentor Human Resources’ employees to contribute to organizational goals through effective, independent, interdependent contributions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strategic Focus
- Insights & Data Analytics
- Behavioral Competencies– professionalism, confidentiality and even keel
- Employee Development
- Technical Knowledge – Employee Regulations, Law, Practices, Policies
- Planning and Organization
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10 years human resources experience required. 5 years senior level expereince required.
- Ability to think strategically and communicate and represent the vision and values of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in leading positive cultural change/initiatives and/or demonstrated experience building a great organizational culture.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions focused on integrating different company cultures, a plus.
- Special Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Confidential nature of discussion and material.
- Non-traditional work hours may be required.
This position reports to Chief Financial Officer.
Director of HR and Human Resources Program Manager report to this position.
The Best Part? The Benefits!
To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Onsite Cafeteria in Malvern- free lunch every day!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Free on-site fitness center on the Malvern Campus
- A beautiful 1.25-mile long walking path on the Malvern Campus!