Business Intelligence Analyst
About The Institutes
A not-for-profit organization located in beautiful Malvern, PA, The Institutes has been the leading provider of risk management and property-casualty insurance education for more than 100 years. By living our values—Put the Customer First, Do What You Say, Work Together, Be Innovative and Do the Right Thing— our talented team delivers innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. In 2022, The Institutes was named a Top Workplace by Philly.com for the seventh time. We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide excellent benefits and a friendly and team-focused work environment to drive employee engagement.
Business Intelligence Analyst
The Institutes are committed to providing customer-first innovative solutions that best empower risk and insurance professionals to help those in need. We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Intelligence Analyst who will play an integral role on the Enterprise Research team. As an internal consultant to the wants and needs of the business, we are seeking a detail-oriented individual to collaborate with stakeholders on analysis requests that will enable data-driven decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for reporting and a desire to produce and communicate actionable insights. If you are confident that you will be a good fit for our team, we’d love to speak with you!
The role is hybrid with at least two days each week in the office. Candidates should be able to commute to Malvern, PA at least two days per week.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Act as an internal consultant, taking the wants and needs of the business stakeholders across the entire organization and translating those into measurable requirements or analysis.
- Serve as the primary contact for the scope and breadth of data captured by the Institutes and understand the underlying database technologies used by the Enterprise to interact with data.
- Prepares presentations on analysis findings to inform key business decision-makers on customer and market insights.
- Works heavily with Enterprise Marketing departments anticipating their needs and designing data and reporting solutions to support yearly business objectives.
- Responsible for the timely development and delivery of regular reporting aligned to key business objectives for the organization through web-hosted visualization/reporting software suites.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A focused degree in a quantitative focus field is preferred.
- Must have experience conducting quantitative analysis involving the collection and analysis of original data.
- Must have experience developing web-based or written reports and making oral presentations of analysis results back to stakeholders.
- One to three years working with Database Query Languages (SQL, Oracle, HiveQL etc.)
- One to three years working with Visualization Software Suites (Tableau, QlikView, Etc)
- Experience working with Basic Statistical Analysis (T-Tests, Confidence Intervals, Etc) preferred
- Detail oriented focus on existing business processes and products to support analysis and reporting
The Best Part? The Benefits!
- To enforce the importance of work-life balance, employees enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- 401(k) plan with company contribution up to 16%
- Generous time off package that includes paid vacation, personal, sick and holidays
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- On our Malvern campus: Free lunch every day when working on campus, onsite fitness center, and a beautiful 1.25 mile walking path!